• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Holding out a hand

valleysangel92

Staff member
Hello everyone,

For those who don't know me, my name is Nicola and I was diagnosed with Crohn's disease when I was 19 (I'm now 23). I have tried surgery, pred, budesonide, pentasa, azathioprine, 6MP and inflectra. The steroids work but are short term, and everything else has failed me in one way or another. I recently had an allergic reaction to inflectra (also known as remicade or infliximab) and have since been struggling with quite a big flare of both my Crohn's and my fibromyalgia. I understand this disease is a rollercoaster and I know its hard to open up about that sometimes.

As a result of this, I'm not as active on the forum as I once was, but I have noticed a few people posting who are nervous or a little self conscious about posting for the first time. Maybe they don't know what to say or they are embarrassed about going into detail about their symptoms. I want to let everyone know there is nothing to be embarrassed about or scared of here, we're all in this together.

With this in mind, I would like to hold my hand out to those members who need a shoulder but don't know where to start, if you're shy or nervous, or would prefer to speak to someone privately then please feel free to drop me an inbox and I will do anything I can to help you. I may take a day or two to respond and I won't know the answer to everything but I will listen and hopefully at least be able to help you realise you aren't alone.

This isn't just for new members, it's for anyone going through a hard time or needing a friend. I don't have the energy to go through the forum and reply to lots of people right now, so I'm hoping I can help at least one person this way. Of course you are also very welcome to post in this thread if you just want to let things out.

scottsma

What a lovely gesture Nicola.I'm sure it will be a relief to those you are offering to support.

I hope you are keeping well too,we all know how tough it can be.x

This is GREAT! I love the positive attitude and outreach! Sometimes all people need is someone to talk to who understands a bit of what is going on with this disease. It's helpful to relate to someone that knows the struggles. Thank you for the kind gesture! I hope all is well for you too! Keep up the positive vibes! :)