• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Holy Jiminy Crickets!!!!

:) I know I haven't posted in a while. I had started a job slinging donuts at Dunkin Donut on 10/2.
Everything went okay at first, but a month later....
..and I had to quit:(

I just got home from the hospital:puke_r:

I'm definately not happy ...:ymad: ...

They did a coklonoscopy, gave me no nutrients and sent me home bleeding worse than went I went in yesterday....AAAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!

They said I have severe inflamation and a sticture. Can anyone explain in stupid people talk what a stricture is for me?
I'm more pissed at the hospital not trying to treat me than I am about what is going on with my gut.

My CBC is at 8.7, yet they didn't give me anything for it nor did they send me home with anythhing.

I told the doc to give me the liquid steriod in the hospital cuz it works faster......I got a whopping 2 doses, Oh, yeah that'll give me a boost:yrolleyes:

What is the point of the hospital?????

I guess I'd feel better hearing your opinions on what should be done and what a stricture is.

I'm open to hugs too :)

From what I understand, a stricture is a "narrowing" of the instestine. I was told during my first colonoscopy that I have stricture and needed surgery (I disagreed, so didn't have it). My second colonoscopy was told I still have a stricture, but this time so bad they could not get ANY tubes through to the small intestine with severe inflammation as well. Inflammation can cause the stricture/narrowing. My opinion, hospitals are overrated. I can't believe they sent you home without any type of meds.
I'm sorry your having a frustrating time now and hope you start feeling better. HUGS from me to you!

If your CBC is showing 8.7 I would say its okay to self medicate and go with at least 500 mg of Vitamin C and 325 mg of ferrous sulfate (iron) daily. If you ask Walmart pharm people for the ferrous sulfate they'll give you the bottle. You should be up to 12 for a female. I'm at 9.9 right now and my doc told me to start taking 500 mg of Vitamin C and 325 mg of Ferrous Sulfate twice daily.

You don't have to take my advice, but its just what my doctor told me to do. I'm no doctor.

You guys are awesome....can't wait to get back in the bicker of things...lol

Thanks for the insight on the strictures...I am definately praying for noooo obstruction...sounds bad.

I am still sore from the prep and the scope.

I'm gonna be calling the doc tomorrow about meds. and iron levels and etc.
My family seems to think it would be better for me to be in the hospital. That way they are guaranteed I'd be resting...lol
With three kids under five years old, they may be right...some days, no, wait, almost everyday I feel...:ybatty:

soupdragon69

ele mental leprechaun
Hiya Molly,

Am sorry to hear you had to quit your job due to this dreaded lurgy! ((hugs))

The good thing is they did the scope and you know whats wrong.

On the aspect of bleeding it could be due to the stricture and them trying to get past it. The transfusion level is generally alot lower these days due to poor numbers of folk volunteering blood. Here in the UK where I work they wont transfuse unless your red blood cells are less than 8.0 and you can generally feel pretty c**p at 10.0 so I am sure you are well exhausted with this alone never mind anything else you have going on with family and guts!

Definately get on to your doctor about iron and other treatments for you. You need relief asap!! The steroids should go some way to reducing the inflammation Molly as an IV injection is stronger than tablets and gets to work within minutes.

A stricture can also be a piece of inflammed tissue that is like a rubber band that stretches accross your bowel so can impact on the amount of matter passing through and cause ALOT of pain too.

Keep at them til you get the help you desperately need honey.

Let us know how you get on. Thinking of you. ((hugs))