• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Home again

annawato

Staff member
Yippee, got the news today I can go home tomorrow, all going well. My MRI wasn't quite as good as hoped but things have improved slightly so just a matter now of being able to maintain myself nutritionally at home. Pain and Nausea I can deal with there so no point hanging around the hospital waiting for things to get worse again. Now theres a glass half empty statement!Anyway just wanted to share cos so happy to be going home after 6 weeks in hospital. Nice to have some GOOD news for a change.
Now all I have to do is find the dancing Bananna since my first names Anna :)

:dance:

Angrybird

Hello Anna, really pleased to hear that you are going home. Are the docs not giving you something for the pain and nausea? What has the MRI now shown?

annawato

Staff member
Hi Angry B, Yes they're giving me plenty of anti nausea and pain medication which I am on regularly anyway so I'll be able to cope at home. The MRI showed that there is still inflamation in the terminal ileum and at another spot where my ileostomy was rejoined. Also 3 small abscesses Instead of the one large one I had when I came in. They are too small to drain so we are hoping they improve spontaneously. I'm in a bit of a catch 22, needing surgery to resolve these things but unable to have it until I've been off prednisone for a month yet prednisone is probably needed to help it get better. Does any of that make sense?haha. I guess its just a wait and see fingers crossed scenario. For now I am just thankful for my mental wellbeing that I can go home for awhile. Even if I end up back here in a couple of weeks I'll be better able to cope. I'm extremely lucky to have a very supportive husband and children and the little bit of work I do I can do from home since we run our own businesses. Thanks for your thoughts,