• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Homepathic route.......

Just wondering if anyone is taking supplements and is weaning off of their traditional medicine? I went to a homepathic nutritionist today and was very interested in what he had to say. Any thoughts?

I had gone off the meds they initially gave me within the first few months of diagnosis and the pills and pills. It was the right choice for me, but not for everyone. I got into Chinese massage, probiotics, digestive enzymes, diet changes, etc. and never looked back. It took a few years before I felt on top of it. However, I saw nearly immediate improvement from the inflammation and bloated/pain issues. I realized it had taken some time before I got the disease and diagnosis and it would take some time to reverse the damage. I learned to listen to my body, be overseen by docs and proceed cautiously. Bikram yoga has helped tremendously. Many things, but I guess it is an ongoing journey of healing. Best of luck to you!

Thats the route i tried after the failure of Steroids,6mp,Methotrexate,5ASA etc.
Only drugs i never tried was the Infliximab & Humiria

I've been taking AMP (Aloe Mucilaginous Polysaccarides).
I've had terrific success.I no longer suffer with anything to do with Crohn's.
I'd like to see AMP tested to see the percentage of Crohn's/Colitis patients it would help.
As Aloe is natural and nobody can ever put a patent on it i don't think it will ever happen.Madness IMO.

I tried. Maybe I didn't give it enough time, but it only kept getting worse. I did multiple supplements, elimination diet, aloe juice. I was also on traditional meds (with the plan to wean later if I reached remission). I just couldn't let it keep getting worse. After a couple months, I went on Remicade and haven't looked back.

The nutritionist said that alot of the time Crohn's patients he has seen need to be detoxed from fluriode, so no fluriode toothpaste, and a certain supplement that rids your body of fluriode. I'm going to try it and see how that goes and go from there. Meditation and yoga are very helpful (when your not exhausted!) He also suggested Omega 6 for me and iodine. I'll keep you updated!