• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hopefully soon to be diagnosed..

Hi all!
I have been stalking this forum and reading posts for over a week now. I have found it to be very informative with some good humour.

As my title states, I am yet to be diagnosed.
Over the last 5 or so years I have developed an intollerance to lactose, caffeine, orange juice and sometimes chicken and eggs. :angry-banghead:

Early January I was hospitalised with Pancreatitis- I had blood tests, ultrasounds and a CT scan which revealed everything was fine except an inflamed pancreas which could not be explained.
After coming home, I noticed a small amount of blood in my stool and on the paper. I just though I had strained too hard, so ignored it.

Within a week or two I was having to run to the toilet, my bowel motions were so urgent. This lead to having Diarrhea and mucous with ALOT of blood.
I had a few week wait to see a colorectal surgeon who has booked me in for next Tuesday for a colonoscopy.
My mucous and blood isn't as bad now, but seem to be actually constipated. From one extreme to the other.
My surgeon expects to find an inflammatory condition of some kind.

I have searched online and pancreatitis can be in rare cases a presentation of ulcerative colitis.

I'm nervous having to be put under for the procedure as well as the outcome. I am very nervous about the possibility of having to always know where the next toilet is and if ill make it in time.

Anyhow, this is my story. I'm sure a lot of you have been through this and a lot worse. Thanks for listening!

:)

Last edited:

Artisan105

Yondaime
Lets hope it isn't anything :] But if you do have IBS or Crohn's we will help you as much as we can. It really sucks to always watch what you eat? Where is the nearest bathroom? Is someone in the stall? Planning every detail of a trip. Writing down what food you can't eat anymore. Not able to randomly go out with your mates. Or especially the hours and hours you will spend in the bathroom in total. :[ Hang in there.

Hey missy moo, I'm from qld, you'll be alright, Infact soon - you'll be feeling better than you can remember once they get to the bottom of what's going on and get you on some medication

Thanks guys!
I'm also freaking about meds.. I don't want to put on a whole heap of weight..
Fingers crossed though!

Had my colonoscopy yesterday. I had 3 biopsies and some polyps removed. From what my surgeon could see, she believes it to be Proctitis but will confirm this with biopsies in a week or so.
Feeling relieved that they have some idea of what is going on. I am glad I was diagnosed fairly easily unlike some stories I have read!
It comforts me to know others out there have some idea of what I am going thru. My partner tries to listen but I'm not sure how much he understands.