• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Horrible leg pain!

Hi everyone.
I live on my college campus and have been on campus for almost 2 months now. 3 or 4 times I have woken up to HORRIBLE leg pain, so much that I almost miss class. My shoulders and wrists keep snapping and it is sometimes hard to get up and walk around in the morning.

My doctor ordered tests to be redrawn because they showed strange levels of liver enzymes but they never got back to me! I am on 5 Mg prednisone, 50 Mg merceptapurine and 4500 Mg of pentasa. What could be causing this horrible pain in my upper thigh?

Thank you!

Hi Chantel,
Thank you for responding so quickly.

Yes, I have been diagnosed since I was 10. I flared up about a year ago and was on 50 Mg prednisone after I got out of the hospital. So he has been tapering me for a year. I am now on 5 Mg every other day.

The pains in my legs are I would say a week or two apart and it's just in my upper thighs. My wrists and shoulders have been like that for the last couple of years without worrying my doc. I haven't played sports since I moved on campus and im going nothing that would make it seem like I should be sore.