• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hospital visit today.

So today I ended up going to the hospital for bloody stools, when i say bloody stools I am meaning just straight blood clots and lots of blood, abdominal pain (sharp cramps). After blood work, urine sample, etc.. they found out i had a large amount of inflammation in my intestines, kidney infection (i have chronic kidney problems), and Anemia. They were wanting to keep me over night for 3-4 days for more analyzing. Unfortunately, I had to decline on staying in the hospital because i work a full time job and have a daughter and the only person who watches my daughter is my fiance. He is currently not working because we decided that he should stay home and keep out daughter while he finishes up his school for his IRS job. My body is weak and I am drained with little energy also just completely exhausted mentally and physically. Also to top it off OVER STRESSED. They have put me on more meds Flagyl to help with the inflammation. I am frustrated that I have yet found anything that works for me and my Crohn's. I feel like i can not talk to anyone family or friends because no one knows what this disease has done to my life. No one seems to understand that on good days, come slim to none. I am at my breaking point with everything. I just need reassurance that i will make it through this long and tiresome road with Crohn's. :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:ymad::ymad::ymad::ymad::confused2::confused2::confused2:

DJW

Forum Monitor
Hi Ashley. I'm so sorry you're in this place. I truly hope treatment puts you in remission.
Sending you my support and hpo for better days soon. Hang in there.

Cross-stitch gal

Staff member
You have come to the right place! There are a whole bunch of us who can understand. I can even think of one who is having a hard time right now as well. She's a very good friend of mine. afidz is dealing with being in the hospital as well and might have a few ideas as well. But, no matter what don't wait too long to get treated. Please take care of yourself. Sending lots of hugs your way.

Ashley,
Sending prayers for peace and energy, a speedy recovery, and for you and your family. So sorry you are having such a terrible time. So many of us certainly understand where you are right now. Things will get better!! :ghug:

Hi -I totally understand. I am currently on Flagyl, Prednisone and another antibiotic after my hospital release this past friday for pancreatitits due to 6MP. Don't you feel like just when you start getting stronger you get knocked back down again?? I also have a young child so the worrying of being sick as a mommy is tiresome too! Hang in there and I'm sending you lots of well wishes!

Hiya pal, sorry to hear about your tough times like. At least on this forum folk know what you're talking about and how it impacts our lives. Just keep your chin up for your wee one I'm sure she'll keep you going no matter what, but more importantly don't let it get the better of you because that's when you are doom and gloom. I've got severe anxiety with mine and it's a killer for a person like myself lol but slowly getting over it because at the end of the day that's life.

Hope you feel better soon buddy x