• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hospy Update, 6mp, and Methotrexate

Just spent the last few days in the hospy getting IV solumedrol and now am home on a high taper of pred. It just never ends....yeesh. I was stuck on the geriatric ward at my local hospital because apparently old people are the only ones who have GI issues? But yeah, this just gets old. Sorry to pout.

Anyway, I'm looking into 6mp and wanted some input? It will be either that or methotrexate that I start soon. Any tidbits and experiences would be great. Thanks!

DJW

Forum Monitor
I'm glad your out of hospital.

I've been on imuran for over a year. The first week or so I felt like I had the flue. I was also extremely tired. My system adjusted after 2-3 months and now I get no side effects. Blood work is now done monthly.

Thanks. I'm not really concerned about side effects per say, just that it takes so long to kick in. I've already been hospitalized twice in the recent months...I want to avoid that if possible. How long was it before you started to see improvement?

DJW

Forum Monitor
I with I could give you wonderful news but it didn't works as well as hoped. I'm going on remicade.