• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hot food

M

Mntallyblonde

hot food

:sign0085: I really love oatmeal! Its my favorit thing to eat in the winter time. But I'm scared to try it. Does anyone eat oatmeal or think I should try it? :sign0085:

D

DannyB

Hey there mntally blonde,

I eat porridge which is oatmeal and I have no probs with that however if my cd is playing up I leave it alone cause it does my the "mad dash" toilet run a bit madder! just initially start off with a small amount then work up!

R

ruthymg

I have a stoma and eat porridge quite regularly too but I don't have probs with my stoma filling upi too quickly. If anything it slows it down a bit which to me is a good thing. Think everyones different, but I would have thought oats would be ok. You may have probs if you make it with milk though, maybe make it with half milk half water??

Ruth

Cara Fusinato

Sarcastic Forum Comedian
I have wondered about oatmeal myself. We have one packet floating around the pantry and I have really wanted it more than once. Maybe I will give it a try. Or maybe I will make cookies!

M

Mntallyblonde

We have boxes and boxes because I used to eat it all the time. Now every time I see I want it oh so bad. I haven’t been doing so good I'm going to be starting remicade on the 3rd of November and really scared.

S

Skinsfan1229

I actually havent ate oatmeal that often or on a regular since having my ostomy, so I dont know about the stoma situation, but it makes me curious so I might just eat that tom morning.

BUT before my ostomy, I used to eat it and it would actually make my Diahrea less severe, and it would hurt less to have a bowel movement. I think Diet and Eating habits of Crohns patients is one of the most faccinating parts...we all tolerate different foods different ways.

A

andilynn09

I have not tried oatmeal yet either, but my theory is that if I'm going to try something new...I wait to do it on a day I'm off work in case it does cause me problems. Just a thought...good luck.