• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

How are you feeling today?

Lynda Lynda

Ok, I had a good morning today, but that went to crap this afternoon. I have had diarrhea for 21 years except for 8 months in 2014 and a few months in 2016. I ate something yesterday that plugged me up
( something I never normally eat. ) This afternoon I sat on the toilet for an hour pushing to have a bowel movement, I felt like I was going to give birth. I also had to assist my poop to help it come out ( gross.) And I vomited. All of a sudden I wished I had diarrhea again
Ugh, the left side of my colon is sore now. And I am still nauseated. And my hemmorhoids are very unhappy. This is "TMI" I know.

THEN I had to drive to the grocery store, feeling like shit, in °111 temperature. I needed bottled water and of course "butt" supplies ( Preparation H Wipes. Preparation H Cream and Preparation H Ointment. ) I hate having to do everything myself, I haven't any family members here in town to help me and no friends. The last time my brother-in-law and sister were in town my brother-in-law was whining about carrying bottled water from their car into my apartment. I won't ask him for a favor again. Although he is in his late 60's he is in good health and he exercises. My tiny 5 foot lady neighbor was trying to help carry that same water for me and I am just acquaintances with her. God Bless her. I used to use Safeway Grocery home delivery for a long time, but their service and the quality of other parts of their services diminished, so I cut all ties to them. Now I have to get off my lazy butt and go out to buy my own groceries, which is what I should have been doing all along. I have one of those "old lady" shopping carts to help transport my groceries from my vehicle into my apartment, that is a lifesaver,

Well, I am going to drink a lot of water now, rest in the air conditioned comfort of my apartment and shut my eyes. I am going to only take one Cholestyramine Packet today instead of two so that I do not get constipated tomorrow, I couldn't survive that constipation two days in a row. I am not going outside tomorrow, I might get heat-stroke.

I have been taking the 6mp pill for two months and the Humira Pen Injections for one month. I started drinking Ensure Drinks four months ago because I could not tolerate solid foods at all. I also drink "Carnation Essentials" [ powder packets I mix with milk, like a meal replacement. ] Recently I have been trying to eat some soild food and a few of those solid foods have agreed with me. This not the healthiest, but I can tolerate simple sandwiches on white bread.....bologna or cheese or grape jelly. I am so happy to taste, chew and swallow some solid food.

Well, I got everything off my shoulders now, so to speak, so I will go now.

Take Care.

Lynda,
You are truly an amazing person. You've inspired me many times with your thoughtful insight.

It's funny, here In Colorado, people are complaining about 90's.

Your strength to take care of yourself when others aren't around is the saving grace that we all need.

cmack

Staff member
I'm so sorry, Lynda. You shouldn't have to do everything yourself in all that heat. Unfortunately, us disabled folks still get the same weight as a healthy person... I wish there was more help for those of us who struggle. Our governments, collectively, diminish the very systems designed to keep us well. I certainly hope things improve for you. I'm glad you are back in your own air conditioned space. Big hugs.

Lynda Lynda

I have a disabled license plate on my vehicle. A doctor has to sign a form for the Motor Vehicle Department. I have had that license plate for 10 years ? I have been using an "old lady" shopping cart for longer than the license plate. Over 20 years ago I lived in a third floor apartment and I lived there 5 years. I had started having problems going up and down those stairs carrying laundry and groceries. Then I moved into a ground floor apartment. After that, then I started having problems lifting heavy things like containers of cat litter and bottled water. I started using a grocery delivery service then too. And bought the "old lady" shopping cart. It has been a slow progression. I was a healthy ovo-lacto vegetarian who exercised back in the early 1990's. Then the Ulcerative colitis reared its ugly head and I was never the same. I also have bilateral rotator cuff syndrome, arthritis in my hips and degenerative disc disease in my neck. And then this Major Depression. No wonder I have been tired for years. I have not worked a job since 2009 and even before that my job performance at work was going downhill fast. I can't imagine working a job anymore, I am physically and mentally exhausted. [ sigh ] My body AND my mind are "broken." 😕
I am sure ranting today.
Have a relaxing weekend.
Lynda

cmack

Staff member
I'm sorry to hear about the blood, Lynda. I don't blame you for feeling that way about pred.You know your body best, but be sure to get it some help if it persists. The VSL should help make your BM's regular. I hope you have a better day today.

Feeling awful. Thought I had this behind me. Four years ago. Guess I just got lucky back then. I had only been diagnosed a few weeks and after Azulfedine BID, it all went away. For nearly four years. But hello! It's back. :angry-banghead:
Lots of gurgling, growling, explosions, and pain... this time deep pressure and unrelenting dull ache in my lower back just above the tail bone (rectum, most likely) and radiating clear down both my legs all the way to my feet. Never had that before. But otherwise, same symptoms exactly as when I first was diagnosed. Oh well. Have a colonoscopy scheduled for next month anyway, so I guess we'll see if this is an unexpected flare or just what. Looks like I'll be hanging around for awhile. :yfrown:

Last edited:

Lynda Lynda

Hi jnette, I think your scope results will probably make you less panicked because then you will know what is really going on. I'm sorry that your symptoms came back.
Lots of great folks here with kind words.
Share your story in the My Story section.
Or say Hi on other threads too. Some threads are more active than others.
We all support you
🌻