• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

How are you feeling today?

Thank you ron thanks to all my friends , i feel that i cant fight anymore but its nice to come and vent and i know that you understand while other people dont

fuzzy butterfly

Hi Christi.. i had a p.e shortly after my first op, had to go on warfarin for a few months. I must say it was quite a painful experience untill i got it diagnosed. Try n keep your chin up hun. Wishing the best for you n hoping its not a p.e.
Love n hugs 💕💕💕

Jennifer

Adminstrator
Staff member
Thank you ron :) i hope you and mandy are well , do you know how jennifer are doing?

My Grandpa passed away before my birthday in early April so I had to help with the funeral then try and heal some myself but then my sister and her family decided that they would be moving to Washington around that same time so I was helping them with the move. I watched their baby almost everyday and helped get their trailer ready, helped with the yard sale and then my parents decided that they wanted to go to Washington to make sure they made it ok and to visit with them for a couple days up there so I went with them.

I'm alive, not exactly well because I'm still dealing with the loss of my grandpa and having some of my family move away that I saw almost everyday so there's a huge empty space in my life/heart right now.

I was also diagnosed with Osteopenia while I was gone from the forum. As if I needed another diagnosis. :ybatty:

fuzzy butterfly

Aw Jennifer im so sorry for your loss hun. 💝
What an awful upheaval your going through, you must be missing them all in different ways so much...sorry that you have to deal with yet another diagnosis too.
Sending love n big hugs :hug: 💞
Take care hun
💋

So sorry about losing your Grandfather!
I lost my Dad soon be 5 yrs, my health has gone downward ever since.
I wish you the very best!

Today I feel confused. I have UC and my symptoms have been diarrhea for years. Now constipation for a month. My Gastroenterologist recommended Miralax. I am now keeping a food diary and trying the Miralax and keeping track of my bowel movements and what they are like. I am just trying to find some relief and some kind of a balance. Recently I have had constipation, stomach pain, colon pain, bloating, dry heaves, naseua and some diarrhea. I am tired of making lists..how I feel, what I do, how much I spend, where I go, what I eat and when I poop. :-(

Today I feel confused. I have UC and my symptoms have been diarrhea for years. Now constipation for a month. My Gastroenterologist recommended Miralax. I am now keeping a food diary and trying the Miralax and keeping track of my bowel movements and what they are like. I am just trying to find some relief and some kind of a balance. Recently I have had constipation, stomach pain, colon pain, bloating, dry heaves, naseua and some diarrhea. I am tired of making lists..how I feel, what I do, how much I spend, where I go, what I eat and when I poop. :-(
Sorry.

My Grandpa passed away before my birthday in early April so I had to help with the funeral then try and heal some myself but then my sister and her family decided that they would be moving to Washington around that same time so I was helping them with the move. I watched their baby almost everyday and helped get their trailer ready, helped with the yard sale and then my parents decided that they wanted to go to Washington to make sure they made it ok and to visit with them for a couple days up there so I went with them.

I'm alive, not exactly well because I'm still dealing with the loss of my grandpa and having some of my family move away that I saw almost everyday so there's a huge empty space in my life/heart right now.

I was also diagnosed with Osteopenia while I was gone from the forum. As if I needed another diagnosis. :ybatty:
I am so sorry to hear about your Grandpa. :cry:

Thank you ron thanks to all my friends , i feel that i cant fight anymore but its nice to come and vent and i know that you understand while other people dont
Stay Strong and keep in touch. :heart:

Hopefully you can start feeling better after talking to your psychiatrist and psychologist.

Hope everyones doing well, i have been going through some stuff the last couple of weeks and sorry that im not really active at the moment

fuzzy butterfly

Hi Christi. Dont be sorry for being inactive hun . You n your health come first .please just take care of yourself. Love hugs n best wishes 💕💕:hug:

Hi, think this here is a great idea, just alone to know we are not alone and to talk about it .. As it helps... Well i just posted my update on my thread and now its 1:48 am still sitting awake in bed and started sweating badly and hot flushes.. Me partner is snooring so my son and our dogs.. I am tired and this flare up ( since beg of april) is having massive inpackt in my life.. Just want to get back to remission to be able to dance again... It sucks

Peace and strenght xx

Hi, think this here is a great idea, just alone to know we are not alone and to talk about it .. As it helps... Well i just posted my update on my thread and now its 1:48 am still sitting awake in bed and started sweating badly and hot flushes.. Me partner is snooring so my son and our dogs.. I am tired and this flare up ( since beg of april) is having massive inpackt in my life.. Just want to get back to remission to be able to dance again... It sucks

Peace and strenght xx
Hope you feel better soon.

Short version: feeling good, stressful life things finally settling down! Symptoms still about, but nothing I can't handle.

Things are slow on GI front, but continue moving in a better direction. I've really been struggling to stay compliant with taking my methotrexate injections as no matter what Dr tries, I'm still seeing migraines from it that make me even more useless than crohns symptoms ever were.

Getting lower on pred dose. Will drop to 6 mg this Sunday, lowest dose in 3 years and symptoms aren't flaring back up! Weight falls off with tapering, but I'm hopeful that'll bounce back as I keep stabilizing.

Secondary infections suck and are keeping me on my toes, but that's just life at this point. Need them gone by end of month for knee surgery. So excited as I might just be jumping/ running/ skipping again for the first time in years by Fall. I've always wanted to try a triathlon, now it's looking a bit more possible!

That terrible no good horrible lazy roommate is GONE, and we had him sign contract releasing all rights to his portion of the deposit. The new roommate is great so far! Such a relief to no longer have that drama going on. I have 0 tolerance for passive aggressive individuals. Stress makes symptoms noticeably worse.

Currently enjoying a brief vacation visiting family, seeing my sis walk for her university degree, and letting my mom spoil me while my partner holds down the home front 😀 so good to get a bit of a break and let someone else plan meals/ cook etc. all while knowing my partner gets to enjoy a full weekend and isn't using all his time off tackling doc appts with me. Caretaker burn out and duties often look just as stressful/ exhausting as being the patient.

It is 1:30am, Tuesday morning, in Glendale, Arizona and I am in the Emergency Room. I started to have severe stomach pain on Monday afternoon and evening. Getting some fluids, Zophran and Morphine, plus an x-ray of my abdomen here at the ER. I am so sick and tired of being sick and tired. : - (

I woke myself up at 4am from a dream of not being able to find a working, clean, unoccupied toilet (a dream that I often have when things are going askew) to find that my stoma bag was leaking all over the bed. I'm 73 now and I worry so much about whether, as I get older, I'm going to be able to clean up myself and the bed and the floor and my pyjamas after a leak. It's times like this that I could just sit and cry...

I woke myself up at 4am from a dream of not being able to find a working, clean, unoccupied toilet (a dream that I often have when things are going askew) to find that my stoma bag was leaking all over the bed. I'm 73 now and I worry so much about whether, as I get older, I'm going to be able to clean up myself and the bed and the floor and my pyjamas after a leak. It's times like this that I could just sit and cry...
Sorry.

Madam, you are in my prayers. You are my late mother's age and I send you my regards and love.

fuzzy butterfly

Hi all so sorry you are having rough times at the mo. You are all in my prayers and i send love hugs n support your way .
May things improve soon. 💕💕💕:hug: :hug:

Thinking of all of you.

Today an old friend reached out due to a family friends son recently being diagnosed, 14 years old. Some days, like today, the bull and injustice in the world just eats me up. Not feeling very strong or hopeful tonight. Doesn't help that visiting family tends to highlight the ways crohns complicates life, even when things are improving, I don't even dream or imagine keeping up any more.

Thinking of all of you.

Today an old friend reached out due to a family friends son recently being diagnosed, 14 years old. Some days, like today, the bull and injustice in the world just eats me up. Not feeling very strong or hopeful tonight. Doesn't help that visiting family tends to highlight the ways crohns complicates life, even when things are improving, I don't even dream or imagine keeping up any more.
I am so sorry.

I was given a prescription for Bentyl. I took 3 pills yesterday. Wierd side effects. Not taking any more Bentyl. I would never be able to drive a vehicle or make decisions while taking the Bentyl. Anyone here ever taken Bentyl ?

I was given a prescription for Bentyl. I took 3 pills yesterday. Wierd side effects. Not taking any more Bentyl. I would never be able to drive a vehicle or make decisions while taking the Bentyl. Anyone here ever taken Bentyl ?
Call your doctor and let them know what is going on.

The ER people were the ones that prescribed me the Bentyl. The soonest I can see my Primary Care Doctor is June 13th and the soonest I can see my Gastroenterologist is July 1st. I am very thankful to have Health Insurance and to have access to doctors. All my tests at the ER do not show anything wrong ( CT scan, x-ray, blood test and urine test ). If nothing is wrong then why am I feeling so sick. I have not changed my lifestyle or what I am eating or drinking. I am having the worst heartburn of my life today, even after taking my Protonic and Extra Strength Gaviscon. On Sunday night I had a great appetite and went to the grocery store the next day. Now I do not have any desire to eat and all the food I bought is just sitting in my fridge. Thanks for listening I am just trying to figure this all out. Well I guess I won't have any problems right now losing the 25 pounds I want to lose. I have already lost 30 pounds this year so far.

My skin has been irritated and sore lately. This morning, I thought I felt a bump in my rectal area. I wear Depends and it seems like something has seeped through.

Worst panic attack I've ever experienced night before last where I couldn't talk, move, breath. Still feeling unsettled, but glad to have my trip to visit with family over and be back to sleeping in my own bed :) and using my own toilet! Not to mention the return of naps, and peace & quiet haha

My skin has been irritated and sore lately. This morning, I thought I felt a bump in my rectal area. I wear Depends and it seems like something has seeped through.
I am sorry that you are experiencing such discomfort. I understand how you feel. I carry a Poise Pad, a tube of Preparaton H Cream and Cottonelle Wipes in my purse at all times. I wear a Poise Pad every day /night just in case I have any leakage. I use Preparation H Cream /Ointment on my bottom to ease the irritation. And I always use Cottonelle Wipes every time I have a BM. I hope you feel better soon. :)

Worst panic attack I've ever experienced night before last where I couldn't talk, move, breath. Still feeling unsettled, but glad to have my trip to visit with family over and be back to sleeping in my own bed :) and using my own toilet! Not to mention the return of naps, and peace & quiet haha
I suffer from anxiety too. I agree, it is always nice to be at home where you can relax and do things at your own pace and set your own schedule. I love my peace and quiet too :)

Hi - newcomer to the forum. Just found out that I developed antibodies to the remicade I've been on for the past year and a half so I'm a little disappointed and somewhat nervous about other treatment options. I have moderate crohns...no surgery and not flaring but not super excited about the other anti TNF's out there. Looking for advice from others who've been in this situation.

Hi - newcomer to the forum. Just found out that I developed antibodies to the remicade I've been on for the past year and a half so I'm a little disappointed and somewhat nervous about other treatment options. I have moderate crohns...no surgery and not flaring but not super excited about the other anti TNF's out there. Looking for advice from others who've been in this situation.
Welcome. I am sorry you had bad results with the Remicade. I personally have been on four biologics. I am not sure which ones are anti-TNF. There is a great section in here called Treatment. You can try posting in there also. Have you talked to your doctor about the next step?

Hi thanks for the welcome. I was on Remicade back about 10 years ago and had great results....then was basically on nothing but Pentasa for about 10 years being basically in complete remission. I'm a lawyer (former litigator) and about 2 years ago I was representing a client on a high stakes trial and started flaring badly all of a sudden. Doctor gave me steriods and Humira which took me out of the flare but gave me terrible side affects like nausea, fatigue, brain fog, weird liver levels, trouble sleeping, ect... Switched off and then back on remicade which was fine until a couple months ago and my recently finding out that my body built up anitbodies.

Anyways- mostly venting....crohns has taken a big toll on my career among other things and I guess you can never let your guard down with it.

Hi everyone I am still going through some stuff it also turns out my dr cant help me so im at a stage that I dont know what to do

fuzzy butterfly

Hi Christi.. so sorry to hear your still having a bad time hun.
What has your doctor offered you that he feels there is nothing more he can do?
Bigs hugs n love 💕💕💕

Yesterday and today were both really good days, aside from minor bloating, which was relieved by Phazyme and Pamabrom (I retain water, for some reason). I've been trying to limit my fiber as that seems to be a catalyst, too. This morning, I woke up with abdominal cramps because I took a "nap" last night and didn't wake up until this morning (thank God I set my alarm) so I missed my last dose of Bentyl. It cleared up an hour after I took my morning dose. I allowed myself some red meat at lunch as I've not had any in over a month, and I seem to be doing OK, for the time being. :)

I forgot to post this - yesterday afternoon was horrible on the ride home from work. I should never have eaten that red meat (burger with no bun) at lunch yesterday as I paid for it. I had sharp pain in my right abdomen which moved to the left side and down as time went on. Fortunately, I had my Bentyl with me and, as it was time for my dinnertime dose, I took it while sitting at a stop light with lots of water. 15 minutes later, it was gone, but it was horrible. I haven't had pain like that in a while. I think it was directly related to the burger as that is the first time I had red meat in over a month. It made me say to myself that I will not cheat again.

I woke up this morning with crampy pain in my lower abdomen, which was relieved by having a BM. I felt really moody this morning, as well as fatigued, so I may have to take a nap soon. :(

I just woke up from a nap feeling really crummy, so I took my temperature. I'm running a low grade fever. It's super hot outside and, even though our A/C is on, it's pretty warm inside, too. My abdomen is really swollen below the belly button. :(

I've been noticing a weird pain around my belly button. It's kind of crampy, too, so I took my noon dose of Bentyl. Not sure what that's about, but I just ate a small snack.

I've been noticing a weird pain around my belly button. It's kind of crampy, too, so I took my noon dose of Bentyl. Not sure what that's about, but I just ate a small snack.
Not sure if it is the same thing but I get a pain at or around the belly button sometimes and a nurse was concerned that it could be a hiatal hernia.

Not sure if it is the same thing but I get a pain at or around the belly button sometimes and a nurse was concerned that it could be a hiatal hernia.
When the GI doc did my upper endoscopy, he did not find a hiatal hernia. :)

This morning, I had some sharp, crampy pain in my left upper abdomen whenever I took a deep breath. I had taken a Bentyl capsule about 10 minutes before the onset, so it lasted about 5-10 minutes before the Bentyl kicked in. It felt like something was moving (I'm guessing food). I'm really curious to see what is found during my colonoscopy in 8 days. The doctor mentioned that he thought I might have inflammation in my transverse colon, which seems likely given the symptoms I've experienced (pain moving from right to left and then down).

First of all I'd like to say I hope everyone here is doing good today.
I hope you are feeling better Ron and no more bleeding! I guess I feel my bowel issue isn't much compared to some here!

I was tested for Crohn's and the Dr said It Looks like I have it or something about my blood being at that point but then the last time she goes on like well We aren't completely sure!

Lizzness doesn't help me and I forget the other one (Free Sample) she started me on, only goes for a mere $$800.00 a bottle! anyhow it didn't help either. They didn't really hurt me but made me feel like I had more gas and bloated so I am not on anything except prune juice and some Miralax when I can afford it and of course only once a week or two weeks the Milk of Mag.

Crohn's Ibs and Ibd and I know it is a mess down there, I had a bad night with gas and bloating and late afternoon I took a good dose of Milk of Mag and I know I don't need to use it too often, it sure gets all out but then it is sore and swollen and with the swollen feeling then you aren't sure if you are empty down there!
Then it is GAS during the day, I feel SOOOOOooo Happy when I finally FART! It's like Hallelujah!
Then I so easy get gas again it seems even from drinking water! I am going to just have some Campbell's Chicken and Rice soup today and No crackers in it and broth and tea and liquids. Somedays I just wish I could have the whole darn Anaconda removed down there and be fed by intraveinously! (However you spell it!) Just to check in and wishing you all here a good day and hope your symptoms aren't too severe!

TMI warning below! ;)

This morning has been kind of rough. My work is renovating the building and we are short on bathrooms during this phase. Sometimes, I have to walk to another part of the building if I'm not able to wait for someone to leave the one closest to me. This morning, I had a painful BM (4 on the Bristol chart). I wasn't straining or anything, but it feels like something is raw down there and it burns. Unfortunately, there were no paper towels at the moment, so I wasn't able to adequately clean up, which made it even worse (I used to carry wipes with me, but everyone watches what you are doing here, so that's embarrassing). The second BM was type 5 on the chart and I felt like I was having the constipated form of D (TMI, I know). It really burned again, but the other bathroom I was using had paper towels so I was able to get some relief.

Anyway, I'm not sure if it's a tear or a hemorrhoid, but it feels like it's more to the left side. It doesn't hurt to sit on my chair, thankfully. I'm glad I have some A+D ointment with me. I love that stuff.

TMI warning below! ;)

So sorry for your issues that are going on! I am laying down now flat on my back, Last night was. Rough! Just had some prune juice and a big mug of instant coffee with a peppermint tea bag. (Coffee_tea). Drinking it right now! Helps me Fart! I know there's more than just GAS., But I've already sat on the toilet and STRAIN Too much and only get a few little_JOE TURDS. So I'm constipated to some degree. As. long as I can still Fart then I know it's not complete blockage! I also have a pretty good Rectal Prolapse,. So usually after anywhere from 20 min to an hour and a half of toilet time I have to push my butt back up there! So even if I'm empty,with this prolapse causes it to feel that you gotta bunch up there,OR a big trapped Fart!.........I am glad that I'm not alone with these Bowel Issues!
I also quite often do a SITZBATH for my sore and inflamed rear_end.

This morning has been kind of rough. My work is renovating the building and we are short on bathrooms during this phase. Sometimes, I have to walk to another part of the building

Sorry for what you guys are going through

Thanks! Ron! I have since this morning decided for the next week to just have my warm chicken or beef broth,Jello,water,tea,Sprite or Root beer, maybe at the most an Activia s,. Oh! , And get some Ensure"s! :yrolleyes::yrolleyes::yrolleyActivities

Last edited:
I am so tired today, I felt like I was going to fall asleep at the lunch table. I don't think I got good sleep last night at all and I know I went to bed later than I should have. I am definitely paying for it. I'm just trying to keep busy at work so the last 4 hours will not take forever (I get off at 5pm), but it's difficult. :(

Well, today I am feeling scared. This is not because of my Ulcerative Colitis, but because I MAY have to have my thyroid removed. I have nodules that are on my thyroid and they are growing. I recently had a thyroid ultrasound. But I will get a needle biopsy in November. The decision to do surgery will be determined after the biopsy. My Endocrinologist is great, but I suffer from extreme anxiety. When a doctor uses the word "surgery" and "cancer" I get quite worried.

Thanks for listening, even though my post wasn't about my UC symptoms ( I will save that for another day ) !!!

Well, today I am feeling scared. This is not because of my Ulcerative Colitis, but because I MAY have to have my thyroid removed. I have nodules that are on my thyroid and they are growing. I recently had a thyroid ultrasound. But I will get a needle biopsy in November. The decision to do surgery will be determined after the biopsy. My Endocrinologist is great, but I suffer from extreme anxiety. When a doctor uses the word "surgery" and "cancer" I get quite worried.

Thanks for listening, even though my post wasn't about my UC symptoms ( I will save that for another day ) !!!
Wish you the best.

Today was the first day back to work after 2 days off (colonoscopy prep and scope procedure). I don't think the Propofol had completely worn off and I felt somewhat sedate today. It was a chore to stay active today and I wanted to take a nap so bad (something I'm getting ready to do in a few minutes). It didn't help that I barely got any sleep yesterday after the procedure because 2 contractors came out to our house - garage door repairman and window installer company. I'm living at home for the time being and my mom took the day off, so my parents thought it was a good time to bring them out. I had an argument with my mom because she thought the window man would have to come in my room to measure the window and I was not getting changed for anyone. Our dog wouldn't stop barking either. I also had REALLY bad D from the prep being in my system still and the internal hemorrhoids were literally killing me. I thought I was crapping razor blades and I wanted to scream it hurt so bad. My dad, fortunately, went to the drugstore (no driving for me yesterday) and got some Preparation H which definitely helped in combination with cortisone cream. I also decided it was time to take some anti-diarrheal medicine because I was tired of the extreme pain and I was feeling dehydrated. I took some Kaopectate (3 caplets did the trick). It made me constipated, for sure, but gave my hemorrhoids enough time to heal. I also saw a little bit of watery blood when I wiped my bottom today (wanted to make sure everything was alright), which the nurse warned me about due to the biopsies and polyp removal. It was very, very light, so I wasn't worried. I feel better now that I'm home and I'm so glad tomorrow is Friday. :)

The last 2 nights, I've gotten over 9 hours of sleep which have certainly helped. The only thing is that I meant for it to be a nap both times, so I set my alarm clock so I would get up and take my medicine and do anything necessary that I needed to do before going back to bed. I've missed taking my Bentyl 2 nights in a row at bedtime, so I have to double up on it the morning after since my symptoms get worse without it.

I'm getting my hair cut today at noon and I plan to go see my grandmother who haven't seen in over a month, which I don't like that it has been that long. I've just been so busy with work that my weekends fill up with other stuff and I have to put our visits to the side. I really want to see her today, though. :)

The last 2 nights, I've gotten over 9 hours of sleep which have certainly helped. The only thing is that I meant for it to be a nap both times, so I set my alarm clock so I would get up and take my medicine and do anything necessary that I needed to do before going back to bed. I've missed taking my Bentyl 2 nights in a row at bedtime, so I have to double up on it the morning after since my symptoms get worse without it.

I'm getting my hair cut today at noon and I plan to go see my grandmother who haven't seen in over a month, which I don't like that it has been that long. I've just been so busy with work that my weekends fill up with other stuff and I have to put our visits to the side. I really want to see her today, though. :)
Hope it work's out.

Hope it work's out.
Today has been pretty good so far. I got my hair cut and I think my stylist did a GREAT job. I've been seeing her since February and she listens and does exactly what I want. I think this is the best she's ever done. :)

Anyway, my grandmother was out of the house, so I'm waiting until she gets back home to visit her later this afternoon. I may take a nap before I go over there.

I just woke up from my nap with a "fire in the gut" and urgent need for the bathroom. I've come to the conclusion that I just cannot digest red meat. I had a free coupon for Moe's for my birthday next week and my favorite is the steak earmuff (the other meat options are not as good). Well, I'm paying dearly for it. I thought it was a coincidence last time that I had a gut ache, so I decided to try it again. Bad idea... I guess I'm not going to my grandmother's house today after all. :(

I just woke up from my nap with a "fire in the gut" and urgent need for the bathroom. I've come to the conclusion that I just cannot digest red meat. I had a free coupon for Moe's for my birthday next week and my favorite is the steak earmuff (the other meat options are not as good). Well, I'm paying dearly for it. I thought it was a coincidence last time that I had a gut ache, so I decided to try it again. Bad idea... I guess I'm not going to my grandmother's house today after all. :(
So sorry

Hi everyone.

New to this thread which I've just found. Great idea by the way, I feel OK to post here about day to day feelings rather than starting new threads or clogging others up.

So today for me has been a mixed bag. I've been very happy this week because I'm in a place I love the most (on holiday in Torquay, Devon, UK).

But right now I feel awful as I've obviously eaten some gluten, to which I have a severe intolerance. I've been a good boy, eating what I should and being extra careful when out and about. I've enjoyed some lovely gluten free meals (though one either yesterday or today was not so gluten free).

I've had a great week so far and have felt good too but now I'm tired, fed up, in pain and developing a long term relationship with the toilet in the apartment :poo:

On the plus side, whatever food caused this I really, REALLY enjoyed. And we go home Friday so it's not spoiled the holiday too much!

I'm undiagnosed right now, whatever all this is. Got a barium follow through next week so that's something to look forward to :thumleft:

Thanks for listening / reading!

Andy

Hi Ron

Just seen your post. Hope you start to feel better soon. I'm in the same boat after some food mistake.

Take care and rest up

Andy
My stomach is off and on. I have a call into my doctor because I have been on Humira about four months now. I am down right now. My father has Alzheimer's. They just found one artery completely corroded. They are afraid if they operate something will break loose.

Felt kinda yucky this morning with some weird lower GI pain that was instantly followed by an urgent need to use the bathroom. Now, I'm at home and finished my dinner. Now, my right upper abdomen is full and sore. Started Pepogest tonight, so I hope it helps on top of the Bentyl. My breath smells minty already, so I hope that doesn't mean it has opened up in my stomach...

Anyway, I saw two beautiful rainbows today. The first was on my way home from work and it was FULL rainbow! My mom spotted the other on her walk and called me at home to tell me to look towards the river. I almost didn't see it until I walked to the edge of the yard and around a tree. I got pictures of both (not the whole FULL rainbow, though, as it was too big). VERY neat! :)

So sorry to hear that Ron. My partners Grandad has Alzheimer's too and it's got to the stage now where he his not recognising us anymore. I really feel for you, it's so tough on those around them.

I'm still really off this morning. If I was at home I'd just rest all day on the sofa but I'm gonna have to try to put a brave face on as I don't want to spoil the last day of the holiday. I'm lucky that we're on summer break right now so I've got plenty of time off to rest.

Sending my support to you Ron, hope you're feeling better soon and that your Dad is ok.

I just woke up a little while ago and feel absolutely yucky. I went to bed around 10pm last night because I felt the same way and wanted to get to sleep. This morning, my lower gut and my left leg on the thigh and knee area hurts. I really don't want to call-off at work because I'm off tomorrow for 2 doctor's appointments. I've only ever called off for the whole day once for a bad GI bug that left me doubled-over in pain. I've been late sometimes for unavoidable things like car trouble, but I hate missing work. I wish I could take some Tylenol right now, but I just took my thyroid medication 20 minutes ago and I have to wait a full hour. I'm hoping I can make it the whole day. :(

So sorry to hear that Ron. My partners Grandad has Alzheimer's too and it's got to the stage now where he his not recognising us anymore. I really feel for you, it's so tough on those around them.

I'm still really off this morning. If I was at home I'd just rest all day on the sofa but I'm gonna have to try to put a brave face on as I don't want to spoil the last day of the holiday. I'm lucky that we're on summer break right now so I've got plenty of time off to rest.

Sending my support to you Ron, hope you're feeling better soon and that your Dad is ok.
Thanks

Really depressed and sad, the though that I would be dead by now without medicines and that I have my whole life with this shit is just unbearable. I'm 23 years old almost all my peers get to enjoy life and not have to buy medical insurance among other things.

Really depressed and sad, the though that I would be dead by now without medicines and that I have my whole life with this shit is just unbearable. I'm 23 years old almost all my peers get to enjoy life and not have to buy medical insurance among other things.
I am sorry. Sending support and prayers.

It's hard to see so many people dealing with similar things an everyone is just as unhappy an in pain everyday like me. I don't have Crohn's or IBS but I have a rectovaginal fistula and an ileostomy with a huge para hernia. I have had 11 surgeries so far in a yr an 5 mo. This last one was a gracilis muscle flap. An I had that 2 mo. Ago an an passing stool an blood everyday. I'm on Flagyl an Cipro. An the Flagyl is so bad it makes me feel worst then the actual problems I'm going threw. I'm on pain meds everyday an see a pain management clinic once a mo. I hate meds I just want to be off them all already. I haven't been able to find a support group other then this that has similar cases. It's ruining my marriage an makes me so depressed everyday. I read the book The Secret an it has helped me with trying to be positive an sending out positive energy really good book. I also read the bible to help with my marriage. Everyday is a new day an today I'm going to be happy no matter what. I have been up trying to clean it's really hard but I told myself to take as many breaks as i need to. I am 37 an it breaks my heart to see so many young people in there 20s having to deal with such a huge medical condition that effects our quality of life. Bob marley said " you never know how strong you are until being strong is your only choice". An I would have to agree with him. I have been doing so much research about these medical conditions an it has helped with how i eat now an other good info. i hope everyone has a blessed day an trys their best to stay positive.

It's hard to see so many people dealing with similar things an everyone is just as unhappy an in pain everyday like me. I don't have Crohn's or IBS but I have a rectovaginal fistula and an ileostomy with a huge para hernia. I have had 11 surgeries so far in a yr an 5 mo. This last one was a gracilis muscle flap. An I had that 2 mo. Ago an an passing stool an blood everyday. I'm on Flagyl an Cipro. An the Flagyl is so bad it makes me feel worst then the actual problems I'm going threw. I'm on pain meds everyday an see a pain management clinic once a mo. I hate meds I just want to be off them all already. I haven't been able to find a support group other then this that has similar cases. It's ruining my marriage an makes me so depressed everyday. I read the book The Secret an it has helped me with trying to be positive an sending out positive energy really good book. I also read the bible to help with my marriage. Everyday is a new day an today I'm going to be happy no matter what. I have been up trying to clean it's really hard but I told myself to take as many breaks as i need to. I am 37 an it breaks my heart to see so many young people in there 20s having to deal with such a huge medical condition that effects our quality of life. Bob marley said " you never know how strong you are until being strong is your only choice". An I would have to agree with him. I have been doing so much research about these medical conditions an it has helped with how i eat now an other good info. i hope everyone has a blessed day an trys their best to stay positive.
Have you had surgery for the hernia? Have you discussed with your doctor about what the Flagyl is doing to you? He might need to switch medicines on you.