• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

How big is capsule endoscopy camera

J

jlbastian

Has anyone had the test where you swallow the camera the size of a pill and let it pass through your system while it takes pictures?

Just curious, I have to have this done next week, and Im actually wondering how big the camera is, or any other advice you can offer.

Thanks

xoxo

D

devildee(donna2005)LOL

I havnt had this but wanted to wish you luck let us know how it goes (hugs)

K

Kate

i havent had it done either though i would love to do it.

best of luck hun
Kate

D

DannyB

Hye there,
Here is a picture for you to get some idea of the size of the camera.

I hope that helps and good luck.

T

Trixie329

Cool pic Danny!

I have not had it done and am not allowed to due to a narrowing.

Good luck :)

D

DarrylP_Ajax

I heard mixed reviews about it, sounds cool, but when u think about it, just seems to be very shoot and miss, like what if it passes by a bad spot quickly before it gets a pic, good luck on the camera thing

J

jlbastian

Thanks for the pic danny!

And it takes 54,000 pictures in the course of 8 hrs. They say it snaps two every second, and it sees 140 degrees.

Id say thats not really that hit and miss! :)

V

Valentina

sounds really cool, I would rather that than the life sized camera it feels they shove around up there! lol good luck, and let us know if it does a good job.

J

jlbastian

I will definitely do that. i went to the site and read some testimonials, and people have had great results with this test! Pretty amazing if you ask me!

The test is on Tuesday morning and I have to wear the patches for 8 hours, so by the end of next week I should have results.

K

kitty

wow!
there was talk of me having that....sort of think-camera?what?like a hasselblad?or just a run of the mill slr...
noooooo....
best of luck with the test!
kitty