• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

How can I make it? No insurance either

After years and years of getting the wrong diagnosis they are saying that they think that I have Crohn's disease, it just makes no sense, I Feel like I should just die, the cramps are amazingly painful, then when I have been nauseous for almost 4 years, the bathroom things, I just don't get how much longer I can deal, my body just feels like it's nothing, they also said I am inflated, but guess what? I don't have insurance, I LIVE IN GA man, I am a 27 years old man, and I cry every day I wake up, this pain is so painful, the time that it puts to make it better it takes it almost to crazy. I just don't understand how to do it anymore. I can barely work, and I Can get no help, the ER wouldn't check me for Crohn's because they said that they couldn't, I have no way of getting any help to find out what is wrong with me. IT almost doesn't make any sense, the doctors give me all these meds then they try to drug test me I take meds for depression and bipolar as well, but I think this stomach has made my depression even harder. I can't work cause it's hard for me, but I can't get any help, I try to do surveys and stuff online but I honestly don't want to get out of bed. I sometimes just wish I would die. It just doesn't seem nobody ever understands, I just hope that someone here just understands, if you don't believe in GOD or you do please just pray for me, I just don't know what to do. I can't afford any glasses I got some broken glasses, i had to superglue them, I can't eat anything, If i do eat it seems like it should come up, this life just doesn't seem fair, I just feel like I should end it, but I don't want to do it, but it's like nobody gets me, just keep me in your prayers please....I clean a church its hard but they understand and look for other cleaning business because this shit is sad..I just hope someone understands me, this is sad. I have been diagnosed with so far
Chronic Prostatitis and Chronic Pelvic Pain
IBS
GERD'
GASTRISITS
A HIATAL HERNIA in my esophagus

I have no insurance so no way to a GI DOCTOR and I need it

CAn someone just give me some hope I just have tried so much stuff when I did have insurance once my dad passed I lost my insurance so you know. I cried so much that now my body has no more tears. I just dont know what to do.

valleysangel92

Staff member
Hello, welcome to the forum. I am lucky enough to live in the UK so I don't have any experience with the insurance problems you're facing and therefore I unfortunately can't offer any advice there, but I wanted to let you know someone is listening.

There are many amazing people on this forum, so I'm sure someone will be along who has more information than I do. In the mean time, simple things like a good hot shower/bath can sometimes soothe the pain, and sticking to plainer foods like rice and chicken can help some people. I find that sucking on mints helps ease cramps caused by excess gas and ease nausea.

I'm so sorry you are having such a tough time emotionally, please know you are not alone. I know sometimes people will say they understand when they actually dont, but we really do get what you're going through. We really do understand to be so sick you cant get dressed , I personally can't work, and honestly don't have a clue how I would have survived if I wasn't living with my parents. There are others on the forum with mental health difficulties who will be able to closely relate to you from that point of view.

In particular have a look at the mental health section of the support forum .

We also have an undiagnosed club where people will have advice and experience on the specific subject of being undiagnosed.

I hope this helps a little, I'm sorry I cant give you any more concrete information. Please remember that you are not alone and there really are people who understand what you're going through. Please come and vent whenever you need to and don't be afraid to ask anything you like, there's no need to be embarrassed around us and there's no such thing as a silly question.

Last edited:
After years and years of getting the wrong diagnosis they are saying that they think that I have Crohn's disease, it just makes no sense, I Feel like I should just die, the cramps are amazingly painful, then when I have been nauseous for almost 4 years, the bathroom things, I just don't get how much longer I can deal, my body just feels like it's nothing, they also said I am inflated, but guess what? I don't have insurance, I LIVE IN GA man, I am a 27 years old man, and I cry every day I wake up, this pain is so painful, the time that it puts to make it better it takes it almost to crazy. I just don't understand how to do it anymore. I can barely work, and I Can get no help, the ER wouldn't check me for Crohn's because they said that they couldn't, I have no way of getting any help to find out what is wrong with me. IT almost doesn't make any sense, the doctors give me all these meds then they try to drug test me I take meds for depression and bipolar as well, but I think this stomach has made my depression even harder. I can't work cause it's hard for me, but I can't get any help, I try to do surveys and stuff online but I honestly don't want to get out of bed. I sometimes just wish I would die. It just doesn't seem nobody ever understands, I just hope that someone here just understands, if you don't believe in GOD or you do please just pray for me, I just don't know what to do. I can't afford any glasses I got some broken glasses, i had to superglue them, I can't eat anything, If i do eat it seems like it should come up, this life just doesn't seem fair, I just feel like I should end it, but I don't want to do it, but it's like nobody gets me, just keep me in your prayers please....I clean a church its hard but they understand and look for other cleaning business because this shit is sad..I just hope someone understands me, this is sad. I have been diagnosed with so far
Chronic Prostatitis and Chronic Pelvic Pain

IBS
GERD'
GASTRISITS
A HIATAL HERNIA in my esophagus

I have no insurance so no way to a GI DOCTOR and I need it

CAn someone just give me some hope I just have tried so much stuff when I did have insurance once my dad passed I lost my insurance so you know. I cried so much that now my body has no more tears. I just dont know what to do.

If you apply for disability will your state place you on Medicaid? Perhaps your church could assist you temporarily?

Try http://www.crohnsforum.com/showthread.php?p=972583#post972583

I thank you so much you are one of the amazing people because you didn't have to take the time out to write me, but you did. And I do thank you for that more than you may ever know. I am trying to keep my head up, and stay focused and its hard sometimes to leave, but that is why the internet was made, I live with my grandparents but its a sticky situation because nobody understand that i might be moving around doesnt mean i feel good just means I have to cause nobody else will...

SO thank you so much!!!

Hello, welcome to the forum. I am lucky enough to live in the UK so I don't have any experience with the insurance problems you're facing and therefore I unfortunately can't offer any advice there, but I wanted to let you know someone is listening.

There are many amazing people on this forum, so I'm sure someone will be along who has more information than I do. In the mean time, simple things like a good hot shower/bath can sometimes soothe the pain, and sticking to plainer foods like rice and chicken can help some people. I find that sucking on mints helps ease cramps caused by excess gas and ease nausea.

I'm so sorry you are having such a tough time emotionally, please know you are not alone. I know sometimes people will say they understand when they actually dont, but we really do get what you're going through. We really do understand to be so sick you cant get dressed , I personally can't work, and honestly don't have a clue how I would have survived if I wasn't living with my parents. There are others on the forum with mental health difficulties who will be able to closely relate to you from that point of view.

In particular have a look at the mental health section of the support forum .

We also have an undiagnosed club where people will have advice and experience on the specific subject of being undiagnosed.

I hope this helps a little, I'm sorry I cant give you any more concrete information. Please remember that you are not alone and there really are people who understand what you're going through. Please come and vent whenever you need to and don't be afraid to ask anything you like, there's no need to be embarrassed around us and there's no such thing as a silly question.
I thank you so much you are one of the amazing people because you didn't have to take the time out to write me, but you did. And I do thank you for that more than you may ever know. I am trying to keep my head up, and stay focused and its hard sometimes to leave, but that is why the internet was made, I live with my grandparents but its a sticky situation because nobody understand that i might be moving around doesnt mean i feel good just means I have to cause nobody else will...

SO thank you so much!!!

If you apply for disability will your state place you on Medicaid? Perhaps your church could assist you temporarily?

Try http://www.crohnsforum.com/showthread.php?p=972583#post972583
No and the church is helping as much as they can, its a small church so they do what they can , and i do what i can its just hard. and yea disability denied me cause I dont have insurance and they claim not enough but i have over 20 hospital visits in four years or less maybe more hospitals then that, thank you for your feedback I need all I Can get

cmack

Staff member
Hi tiredofpain,

You can pm me any time. I care about you. I also will pray for you. I offer my support. You are stronger than you believe and can beat this! Never give up.

Finest regards,

cmack