• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

How can you spot the Crohnnie (or anyone with IBD for that matter)

mikeyarmo

Co-Founder
Welcome to the IBD treasure hunt! Your mission, go out in public and figure out who shares the same condition that you do! :D

Seriously though, what characteristics do would have that would indicate that they are affected by IBD? People with this disease can have so many different symptoms, and some are just the polar opposite of each other (example: the vast majority of people have diarrhea, while I had constipation). So what general characterisitcs do you think would be common in others?

I really am at a loss for this one, and that is why I decided to post the question. For me I think that really the only think that would indicate a person suffering from this disease is that there hunched over grabbing their stomach or that their stomach is making quite a bit of noise.

I am sure you all can think up some better ways then me though, so get to it :p .

S

scottishgirl

any room they enter they scan for the toilets!!

they arent afraid to talk about "embarrasing" things

they have a collection of napkins/baby wipes/loo roll in their bag or car

D

devildee(donna2005)LOL

if like me they have an ileostomy they have a faded patch on the clothes where we constantly check our bags not coming off :lol:

D

DannyB

If they are having a bad time of it they have the white gaunt drug addict look about them muhahaha!! then ofcourse it might be a psychotic drug addict you accuse of having baby bowels and they might wanna kill ya or sommit.

R

rebelsgirl

My first thought was a clean pair of undies sticking out of their purse with a zip lock baggie (to put a dirty pair in).. just incase of accidents.

scottishgirl said:
they arent afraid to talk about "embarrasing" things
my friend and i go for tea, we talk about it all - like it is the weather.

-at meal time, they have a pill box.
-are lean muscle mass, yet not athletic!!!!

V

Valentina

you can never find them, because they are always in the bathroom :)

B

btcrv

When they eat their lunch, the dessert is a handful of pills :)

E

ElaineH

devildee(donna2005)LOL said:
if like me they have an ileostomy they have a faded patch on the clothes where we constantly check our bags not coming off :lol:

LOL!! Me too! :D

They will always be sat closest to the toilets.. and at a campsite, probably all the tents surrounding the toilet block will belong to peeps with IBD!

P

plagueius

They're the ones doing that ass clenching robotic walk staight towards the bathroom.