• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

How do you deal with stress and anxiety?

Hi guys,

I'm experiencing a difficult period since april when i lost a lot of blood from my small bowel due probably to inflammatory strictures and ended up in ER.

I had a cycle of prednisone and started Vedolizumab in June, and went back to another prednisone cycle three weeks ago, as i felt bad and entyvio may takes time to kick in.

I'm experiencing nausea two hours after i eat, so i''m mostly on a liquid diet now. The problem is I sometimes can't stop thinking about the disease, the eventuality of having a blockage or a surgery, plus the stress of not eating normally... i think prednisone is not helping as my mind is strange when i'm under pred, but i obviously need it to calm down inflammation...

Do you have advices or techniques to help stay relax, or some natural meds that make you feel better and safe even during a flare?

I meditate, listen to music, go for long walks, have a hot bath. When I have insomnia and can't stop thinking, I take Benadryl. It's an allergy medication, but makes you sleepy. Try not to dwell on things that may not happen. :ghug:

Bufford

I like music too and have an extensive CD collection. Every evening I put on the stereo for a couple of hours to destress, and degauss the mind. Picking up and learning to play a simple instrument like a ukulele helps pass time and take ones mind off of pain.