• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

How do you manage joint pain?

I have been having a horrible time with joint pain. In the past it was only my ankles that gave me problems, but lately I am having horrible problems with my hands and wrists, legs and hips. I saw my Rhumy a few weeks ago and I was feeling fine when I saw her. Of course two days after the appointment, everthing starts going down hill. I am making another appointment, but I am curious to know how others manage their joint pain? I don't like taking pain killers unless I absolutely have to, but I think I might need to. Is there anything else I can do? This is the worst! Thanks in advance.

Beth

I have it on and off but nothing too bad. Lately it isnt joint pain but my elbows and knees are very sensitive. The one time I had bad joint problem I was put on a short run of pred.

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
Pred seems to make my joints worse, and I will be finished tomorrow, thank goodness. I use Myo med natural pain reliever. Just trying to avoid and more pill popping. I just put it on , and helps a bit but at least I can walk. What ever you do dont take Ibuprofen, makes the gut bleed, on anyone, let alone us. I do know of an older lady who takes Tylenol for arthritis, and she says it works so could give that a try? Hope you get relief soon.