• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

How do you manage leaving the house

I have uncontrollable explosive diarrhea and even wearing special underwear overflow and comes without warning. I have protective garments but it keeps me isolated in my house.

David

Co-Founder
Hi @old farmer and welcome to the community. I'm sorry you're having so much trouble leaving the house.

Have you talked to your doctor about the fact you're having so much trouble? They may be interested in changing up your treatment regimen.

I have uncontrollable explosive diarrhea and even wearing special underwear overflow and comes without warning. I have protective garments but it keeps me isolated in my house.
Do you take cholestyramine? If you are not badly flared, it works well. I am missing my ilium and a fairly important valve located there as well. I can function pretty normally although even cholestyramine won’t work if you are badly flared.

Dan