• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

How do you stop food cravings when on an EEN diet?

Hi Guys!

I was diagnosed with Crohn's just last month and have started an EEN/ liquid diet. I'm finding it really hard to suppress food cravings and it's only day 2!:sign0085:

I'm taking Modulen and am already feeling much better - reasonably solid stools, not so pale and less fatigue. :dance: :dance: :dance:

The problem is we have just started food tech in school, which will make the diet even harder!:frown:What should I do?

On top of that I feel embarrassed to tell my friends, who are always eating!:ylol:

If you could help me that would be great! :thumleft::dusty:

Welcome. . We have a section called Diet, Fitness and Supplements that you might want to check out. I wish you the best.

I feel embarrassed to tell my friends,
Good Day Cherry 04,
Sorry to hear of your struggles.
I have lived on liquids for spells as well, and struggled as well.
I admire anyone who pulls it off!

I just wanted to say that we have no reason to feel embarrassed,
for what we did not choose
for what we cannot unchoose
not always easy, I know all too well...
but a person should always be entitled to dignity & grace.

Bonus:
you control your personal, private, intimate health details.
Let your own comfort level be your guide.
you decide who & when, how much to share
Beware that some people, no matter what they promise, are indiscreet.
(then they whisper and more know than you told, from seed we have sown)

wishing you strength to deal with your challenges
in peace & joy,
Walt

ps
I also offer a simple warning...
sometimes you cannot put that genie back into the bottle once you
share your info with others.
sometimes we get to feeling we wish we could...
:D

Thanks Walt you've made me feel a lot better! It's great to speak to people who are going through similar experiences. You're definitely right about telling friends! :ylol:Good luck with your medication!

Cherry04

I agree with Walt. Just tell those who you feel comfortable with. Maybe others will get told through the grapevine. But remember your friends, if they are true friends, will just be concerned about you.