• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

How do you stop your D

Hi guys

Sorry to post again! but im having probs with the big d again. I was wondering what people use to control it. I have used lopermide and lotim just wondered if anyone else uses something diffrent?

My GI just prescribed me Cholestyran, and it is working wonders!! It helps bind the bile salts if you are having D for that reason it may help. There are similar drugs (Questran) that do the same thing. It is a fine powder that I add to water, it's not the greatest tasting, but nothing compared to a colonoscopy prep!

My D really started a few years when I had my gallbladder out, and got even worse after my 2nd resection in October.

If the OTC meds aren't working, and the D is that bad I would talk to your doctor about prescribing something that can help. I was going so much that I was uncomfortable leaving the house for more than an hour at a time.

I use Imodium, but my GI prescribed me Colestid, which is the same medicine as Cholestyran, I believe, but instead of powder it's pill form. It works very well too.