• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

How do you work together with Crohn's: Crohnies and Caretaker voices alike

I'm wondering how you caretakers and crohnies alike work together and independently to manage disease. I'm especially curious to hear from those whose day-to-day disease management is primarily reached within a romantic relationship but would love to hear from all.

Any tips, tricks or methods of working together so the disease does not rule your life and the caretaker/ patient dynamic remains a separate component of the relationship allowing for continued growth as friends, lovers, family members or partners?

What are you expectations or needs as a caretaker?

What are your expectations or needs as the one with crohn's?

I think it is as important to discuss the interactions between those with Crohn's and the people they live with as it is to discuss symptoms, treatments, and every day frustrations.

Last edited: