• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

How does Humira affect you

After three years in remission with crohn's I had another blockage and was hospitalized. Now my GI wants to put me on Humira.
I'm concerned about the serious sideeffects of that medication.
Any advice?

For me, I've had weight gain that doesn't want to come off, and after a year of being on it, I've noticed my hair thinning a lot :(

theOcean

Humira hasn't had any bad side effects for me! It's been working really well for me and it's a Biologic that you're actually less likely to build up antibodies or get bad reactions to.

theOcean

I've been on two biologics now and if you're worried about them, they're really not as bad as you think! Plus you get monitored with regular blood tests while you're on them to make sure everything is okay.

Hi and welcome.
My five year old is on humira. She had no side effects so far. The shot does hurt but she takes it like a pro now. I hope it works well for you.

Humira has given me 3 years of remission, with no side effects. Like a previous post said, you are monitored closely.