• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

How I healed myself of Crohn's

Hi my name is Barbara & I just came across this forum and wanted to join to share how I have been off meds for about 20 years via body, mind, emotional & spiritual strategies I used to piece what I call my healing puzzle together. For example, I avoid foods that Dr. Robert Atkins taught me that feed the candida/yeast in our bodies that create inflammation. These include yeast, vinegar, sugar, dairy, caffeine, & alcohol. Initially I had to be totally strict. Now I can consume them in moderation. I look forward to being able to help others by sharing experiences & knowledge that I have gained along my journey back to health.

afidz

Super Moderator
I am very happy to hear that you found a way to obtain remission! I know there are a lot of people that would love to hear your story as well as your insight and personal experiences with IBD. Welcome!

Thanks! I am starting a blog very shortly that will be a monthly or more frequent series of the strategies I used and would love to share with the group. I will keep the group posted when I get it going (waiting to have a meeting with someone who can help me with the ins & outs of how to post it, etc.)

afidz

Super Moderator
You can share a personal blog on here, but it can only be posted in your signature. If you need any help doing so, just let me know!

Welcome! I am relatively new to this forum too. I was diagnosed last February @ age 58. I am trying to heal myself from within with the Paleo diet and trying to limit environmental chemicals and transitioning to natural personal care products. I look forward to hearing about your successes. Thank you!!