• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

How long did Cimzia take to work?

I have had Crohn's Disease for 20 years. Currently on Asacol, Entocort and Cimzia. I have been on Cimzia for 6 weeks now and don't see real improvement. How long did Cimzia take to start seeing a difference in stools.

My problems are primarily pain (and often blood in stools), but I noticed an improvement after about four weeks. Then the shots would help for the first two weeks but not the second so I just recently went to two shots every two weeks. I hope it works for you!

Ann,

Cimzia did not work for me. I took it for 4 months without any noticeable results. No decrease in diarrhea, joint pain or improvement with my psoriasis. I obstructed at the 4 month mark so my GI put me on pred. Started remicade last November, which did work partially but I had my 2nd reaction to it last week so now am starting Humira this week. I am so badly strictured that I may not be getting much benefit from the anti-TNFs.

Like with most medications, it can be trial and error to find out what works for a person. Hope you find something soon!

nogutsnoglory

I didn't notice a difference in my stools but within less than 2 months it cleared a stricture and reduced my inflammation.