• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

How long does it take Humira to work?

W

wozzicat

Hi Everyone,

How long did it take for Humira to work for you? My husband has been on it 3 months and it hasn't worked at all. I just wanted other peoples opinions.

Thanks so much.

Jen

Kev

Hey Jen.. Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear about your husband. One of the regular members on here is posting a daily diary on her humira experience. I heartily recommend you check out katiesue1506 posting. hope that it helps.

L

lamor32twigs

I have been on it for a year now and I believe it took at least 3 months for it to work for me.
I had switched over from Remicade once I had a severe reaction to it, but it doesn't seem to work as well as remicade ever did.

I am currently using it in combination with imuran, but am not in great control yet. It does work, but I haven't found it to be the "miracle cure" yet.

Hope your husband sees some response soon.
I also have switched to using it weekly, has your husband tried that?

It is supposed to take up to two months to work. I've been on it for almost three months, but started right before my surgery. So I'm not sure if it is the humira or my operation that has been helping my symptoms. In the studies I have read, Humira has been effective for about 80% of the samples. That means it probably won't help 1 in 5 people. I hope your husband isn't one of those people, but he shouldn't let his suffering go on too long without trying something new.

-Greg

I am wondering the same thing. When will it start working. My hair is still falling out in strands and strands. Will be bald soon!!!!!!
My teeth still ache.
Fistulas are getting worse.
All in all I still feel like crap.

I have even called the Humira Hotline and they can't answer my questions.

Pulling my hair out (so little that I have left now) in Canada Tammy:ymad: :yrolleyes: :mad2: :confused2:

J

jobengals

As of today i've had 5 injections now, almost hit the 3 month mark. I was finally able to get off prednisone by the fourth shot though. I'm sorry to hear some of yall's luck isn't so great ... remember to try and stay positive and don't stress any more than you have to. I also suggest trying a dairy-free and/or gluten-free diet and seeing if that helps at all.

wishing you all luck.

C

ccarp001

I have had 4 injections so far, which means I've been on it about 2 months. I am feeling better, but not totally. i hope i continue to improve!