• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

How long does methotrexate take to kick in?

My dr. Put me on MTX one month prior to me starting humira with MTX. Could be 1 month to be therapeutic, but I think they monitor with labs. Hope that helps.

I would like to know too. I have been on it for 4weeks now ,pain is a little better some days and not so good other days : ( Getting me down .

I think it might be individualized. I just know the doc wanted me on MTx for a month prior to humira. To prep immune system. You notice any side effects?

Hello,
I am on methotrexate and it's deffinatley been the longest to take effect for me it took 3-4 months and extra steroids to start working. I hope it starts working for you all soon x

Hi All,

I have had no side effects as yet.. but some of them are a little worrying . I just seem to have no energy at all .

I'm sure when I first started Methotrexate they told me it can take about 3 months to become effective, but I was already on Infliximab by that point and feeling better, so I dunno when the methotrexate took effect with me personally

I wonder why my doc said methotrexate for 1 month before starting humira. I was thinking 1 month. But that seems to not be the case.