• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

How long for remicade to work?

annawato

Staff member
You've probably all covered this question a zillion times but I'm too tired to search thru all the posts for an answer just now.
How long did it take you to have a positive response to remicade/inflix?
Were you completly better? Or just partially?
Did it help with extra intestinal crohns problems?
Thanks in advance

Hi there. I felt the benefits almost instantly, well in the first week at least! It worked really well for about 12 months until i had a flare up, and after a couple more flare ups, i've recently upped the dose.
My CD isn't as bad as a lot of others on here though, my main problem is a stricture in my colon, but remicade took me from having pains every 20 minutes or so, to being pain free for quite a long time.

I know for me it helps but I never really feel 100%. Some days are great others I want to die. I have only been diagnosed with crohn's for a year in may and still trying to learn to deal with it. My dr. says everyone is different. Some people it's awesome others not so much. I started last june and I think it took like a week or two for my body to adjust. I felt slow and in a bit of discomfort at first. Eventually I felt a bit better. At least I could eat again but now I don't know if that was a good think lol jk Best of luck hope it works for you! :)