• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

How long imuran take to give the effect

how long imuran take to give the effect

hello everybody ,
i have start the imuran about 5 weeks ago the first 3 weeks i was taking 50 mg and then increase the dose to 100 mg per day
but till now their is no effect , i can not stop the predinslon.
i have read that it take maximum 3 months??? should i wait for 3 months to see the effect or it can work before .
because also i am taking remicade 5 mg per kg every 8 weeks .
-----------------------------
in summary :)
1- usually how long it will take to work??? approximately
2- what is the usual dose to see the effect ??
what i read is that the dose should not exceed 2.5 mg per kg per day

thanks very much

DustyKat

Super Moderator
I guess you could have some effect prior to the 3 months but it does take that long to become fully therapeutic. So to have a clear idea of its effects you would have to wait that long.

Dusty. xxx

I've had 2 doctors tell me takes full effect from 3-6 months, but both said for most it is closer to the 6 months. Since I don't have classic symptoms I really don't know for me, but it does appear to be working since I have not been in the hospital for a long time :).