• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

How long on Methotrexate-poll

I was just curious-for those of you on Methotrexate, how long have you been on it? What is your method of taking it? And what side effects?
Me: I've been on intramuscular injections for a year now.
Side effects: dizziness, nausea, aching muscles. Difficulty eating, acid reflux like a volcano in my gut:tongue:

Hi mountaingem, I've been taking oral methotrexate for 6 months now. I take the pills once a week - The worst side effects for me are the day of and the the day after the meds... Nausea and aches. I haven't noticed heartburn - I usually get that from high doses of prednisone.

Ive been on the oral tabs for about a year, have no side effects that I can tell, but I take a ondansertron (sp?) about 5-10 min before. Its supposed to help the nausia and general crappy feeling, and it doesa great job.
I remember the crappy feeling when I was taking it about 2 years ago, but I was injecting it subcutaneously.

I've been taking the shot once a week for about 8 weeks now. The next day I'm pretty much worthless. I sleep most of the day.

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
I WAS on Methotrexate for about 6 months 7 years ago, I got nauseated and headaches and I am not a headache person. The shot day was the worst about 8 hours later...

I have been doing injections for two weeks with no side effects. Beginning to wonder if I am injecting it right. Everyone seems to have side effects except for me. lol