• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

How long to know LDN isn't working?

Well . . . I have been on LDN since last October, and I haven't gotten any better. In fact, according to my most recent colonoscopy and biopsies, I've gotten worse. Not hugely worse, and I'm not experiencing horrible symptoms every single day (unlike most Crohnies, my main symptoms have always been abdominal pain and fatigue rather than diarrhea), but worse nonetheless (increased inflammation in size and severity).

I'm guessing I'm one of the 25% for whom LDN isn't the answer.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

-Christie

Correct, it's time for you to consider new medications. Most people in studies involving LDN were seeing progress as early as week 18.

Kev

You could be right... IF... you were using the right dosage of LDN (4.5mg).. that it had been compounded properly... that the batches were less than 100 days old at the max..
AND that there is no evidence you have an overgrowth of candida...

If you answer yes to all of these... then you are probably right. LDN won't work for you.