• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

How to get cheap Remicade?

Anyone know how to reduce the financial burden of Remicade?
Even with insurance I have to pay $380 every two months. They have me by the cajones & it is really adding up. My last insurance company paid 100% so all I had to pay was my $20 co-pay.

Can you shop around for places to get infusions? ( i currently go the the hospital)

I got it at my GI's office for a bit, with no out of pocket except for the co-pay, but he moved to another town.

I am just starting to research this so any advice would be great.
TIA!

Besides researching on the net i would call Remicade and find out how to get on there assistance program or if there is anything else they can offer.

I didn't realise how expensive the drug actually is. I've always gotten it for free because of the NHS over here.

Hope you find a way of getting it cheaper anyway, that's a lot of money.

i was just wondering the same thing, my old insurance paid 100% as well and now i am not sure what the cost will be without killing my paycheck. I'll have to check into the assistance program thanks for the link.

I have medical insurance through kaiser....

Infusions are not included in the co-pay plan, so ive never had to pay for it.

Also the plan that i am on is $238 a month....

It might be worthwhile to check into kaiser... its KP.org... maybe there is one close to you.

katiesue1506 said:
There is an assistance program called Access One.

I tried for it, but they said my out of pocket expenses aren't substantial enough (1000 I think is what I pay OOP per treatment)

http://www.centocoraccessone.com/patientassist/intro.jsp

Click on the last link on that page for a form for enrollment and for more info about the program (after the form part on page 2)
Thanks! I got the ball rolling on this program. Hopefully I will be approved.
If so I am taking a long over due vacation!