• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

How was your arthritis diagnosed?

I have been having pain everywhere and am getting scared as usual. My legs even hurt. I have had xrays, blood work and have all come back normal. My back, hips,ankles,wrists and butt hurts.

I have been diagnosed with Chronic tendonosis, gout and rheumatoid arthritis by my GP over the past 20 years. It was not until I was admitted to hospital and diagnosed with and acute case of penetrating/fistulizing crohns disease that a team of doctors determined it was all manifestations of an Immune related disorder and began treating me with Immune suppression therapy.

Self-diagnosis, from reading up on t'interweb. Otherwise one useless rheumatologist declared I couldn't possibly have Crohn's related arthritis despite the patterns of when it occured.

butt-eze

Superstar
I thought I had arthritis based upon doctors associating the pain with Crohn's. After two years I finally met a Rheumatologist who figured out I had avascular necrosis (bone death) not arthritis. X-rays will not show AVN. CT scand and MRIs will.

Good luck! Keep us updated.