• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

How well is Humira working for you?

Hi everyone, I was wondering how well Humira works for everyone in regards to not having any symptoms. I started about 12 weeks ago and was absolutely fine, living a seemingly normal life, and was finally able to start playing soccer again at 100%. Now I have had a week of abdominal pain, some pain and blood with bowel movements, and a feeling of fatigue, along with some joint pain. I was wanting to know if this type of stuff sort of comes and goes while on Humira, or if things could be turning the wrong direction for me.

Last edited:
Have you missed any of your shots? I would definitely notify your doctor and let him/her know what is going on. You might be having a reaction to the medicine or it just might not be working for you. Let us know how it goes :)

Are you on fortnightly injections? Since you appeared to be fine on it initially you might not be getting enough of it: ask your consultant about going to weekly injections.

I'm on weekly and the difference is well worth it.

My Butt Hurts

Squeals-a-lot!
My Humira remission only lasted for 4 months. It sure was great while it lasted though. My insurance company denied weekly shot so I had to switch to Remicade, which is working just as well.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I am on an injection every 2 weeks. I havent missed any shots either. I notified my doctor and had a blood draw to see if the inflamation levels are up at all. I havent got a word back yet, but should hear today

I have been taking weekly injections and I used to have moments of nausea, and I notice I have it more often. Two weeks after I got off the predisone I had a crohn's attack. I am not sure what is going on.

I was able to speak to my doctor and my blood test came back showing zero inflammation. I am feeling good right now, but am going to be scheduled for a sigmoidoscopy in about 2 weeks because I am still seeing blood on and off.