• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

How's your stress?

Hello World! Thank you for allowing me on the forum.
I was diagnosed with Crohn's on my 12'th birthday in 1972, and have some long experiences, as well as some info from my maternal grandfather having been diagnosed late in his life, my mother diagnosed shortly after I was born, and my son, diagnosed about 10 years ago. It seems there's a pattern there...

My own experience went like this: Azulfadine, prednisone, fistulas, surgery, got a break!, (enter workplace bully), Pentasa, blockage, prednisone, 2nd blockage, surgery, and now a break again, (bully just recently disappeared) but the Dr. wants me to take Humira.

I'm attempting to decide if my latest stint was more from the workplace bully than from a biological condition.

My son has had a similar series of events where the Humira was working well however gradually, until he himself ran into his workplace bully, which culminated with him leaving his job then having to have resection surgery.

More info on how psychological stress affects Crohn's is sought!

Thanks for letting me in!

Welcome. I am sorry for all you and your family have been through. I know that sometimes stress might have an affect on Crohn's disease.