• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hs

Hello Everyone my name is Aisha and I am new to the forum. While I don't have Crohn's disease, I do have Hs. I have experienced what I believe are symptoms of Crohn's and I need a little help. I have been experiencing what i initially thought was gas, because I'm also lactose, was much more painful than regular gas. It was like a mix between gas and menstrual cramps together and also feeling like a bladder infection. My doctor is an asshole and I'm afraid to mention it to him, thinking that he will tell me it is my hs, I really need to know what is going on with my body. I was diagnosed with Hs when I was 21. I am now 26 and the pain associated with this horrific disease is unbearable. I see that Crohn's and Hs are linked and was just wondering maybe this is why i felt so much pain. I would also like some tips if possible on ways to make my life easier living with hs. I currently smoke medical mary j for the pain. I don't take pills or anibiotics, they don't work! and I don't like taking pills. Has anyone tried using the Marijuana topical for their skin, I hear that it can cure cancer, but I want to hear proof of someone using it.Sorry for so many questions, I thought I was the only person in the world with hs and i am so excited to see that there are others like me, i even started crying, reading the stories.

SarahBear

Hi, Aisha! Welcome to the forum!

Just to make sure I understand, what is Hs?

I suggest you look for another doctor, if you don't feel comfortable talking to your current doctor. You should never have to feel hesitant to bring up any questions or concerns.

:hug: I hope things get better for you soon, Aisha!

nogutsnoglory

Welcome Aisha. I assume you mean the skin condition Hidradenitis suppurativa? There are theories it has a relationship to some autoimmune conditions like Crohn's.

I think you need to feel comfortable talking to your doctor about all your symptoms. Can you see someone else who might be more receptive?

Marijuana cannot cure cancer. If it was a cure, the world would have no cancer. There are many studies showing medicinal marijuana to be an effective anti-inflammatory and pain management substance. Be wary of anyone who tells you anything is a cure, things can help possibly but can also hurt.

your best bet would be to see your primary MD and ask him which GI he'd recommend for his family. This way he'll tell you the BEST ones in the area where you live.

You have that right as a patient to get a 2nd and even 3rd opinion if you feel that you didn't receive the proper treatment. If you are in that much pain, you really should see a doctor so things don't get worse.

as for HS support, google HS support chapters and see if there are any groups near you so you can meet others like yourself.