• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hubs starts entyvio tmrw

Hello Everyone!

My husband starts his induction dose of entyvio tomorrow, I am both excited and nervous. Just looking for any experiences with side effects, what to expect? He's been on mercaptopurine for almost 5 years (goal is to be off in 6 months) and he's never had any physical side effects (high liver enzymes initially but dropped as soon as hus dosage was dropped) and the only other thing he's taken is entocort. His GI team say entyvio is pretty low on the side effect spectrum other than tiredness day of. Any feedback would be appreciated, I'm a worrier 🤦‍♀️ husband is...not. at all. 🤣 thanks!!

Lisa

Adminstrator
Staff member
A few years back I actually had a nurse at the infusion clinic where I get my Remicade who was on Entivyo - he would sometimes get his infusion while I was there - he'd take his lunch break then go right back to work after. I never talked to him about it, but it appears he didn't have any issues immediately after the infusion.

A few years back I actually had a nurse at the infusion clinic where I get my Remicade who was on Entivyo - he would sometimes get his infusion while I was there - he'd take his lunch break then go right back to work after. I never talked to him about it, but it appears he didn't have any issues immediately after the infusion.
Thanks!!

I like it. It doesn't make me super tired and I don't have to "ruin" my day after taking it. I just wouldn't book anything important afterward. But I get my infusions in a major city and the nurses say people come, get it, and bike home. The only issue I was told to look out for was an allergic reaction. Keep some Benedryl handy.
Thank you so much!! How long have you been on it?