• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Humira and biologics RISK for blocking new treatment meds?

Hi

Im wondering..

People who take Humira.. they can create resistance against anti bodies so the humira doesnt work anymore..

The NEOVACS.fr is creating a vaccin that will treat crohn.
It are 4 injections in a year.
Its diffrent then biologics.. because ur body himself will develop anti bodies against the overproduction of the cytokines and inflammation cells!
This will be amazing medicine!

But my question is.. will the humira users fail this medication because they already have created resistance against certain anti bodies?

Last edited by a moderator:
According to their site, the vaccine would work even if you have developed antibodies to Humira or Remicade.

... they will not generate an immune response against themselves, even in patients that have developed resistance to monoclonal antibodies treatments. ...

This vaccine sounds risky to me though since now it would make the body itself produce TNFa antibodies. What if Crohn's is not autoimmune and they discover a viable other treatment? Will you have permanently depleted your body of TNFa?

I guess it will not be risky..
U have to get 3 - 4 injections a year or it will not work anymore.
It will deplete some. But i dont think it worse then biologics that can create cancer and many other issues. Im thinking this one will not be more dangerous then the stuff we now have ;)

AQX-1125 and ADP334 from arena are also 2 other immune drugs that decreases the inflammation cells from producing.. but when u stop taking them.. the cells come back. so those auto immune drugs will be safer then neovacs i think.

But they also can see in the biopsy if there is an overload on cytokines and TNF.. If so.. the neovac will be a good choice.