• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Humira and headaches

forum contributor

Captain Obvious
Anyone who's been on/who is on Humira - have you experienced headaches while on it?

I know it's listed as one of the side effects, but so are a lot of things. I think smelly dogs is on that list somewhere :)

I am, and am having to take Tylenol almost every day. Can't be good for my insides, I'm guessing. I've had problems with headaches/migraines since 2007 and had just completely gotten rid of them this February. I don't want to go through that again, especially if it is because of a side effect.

If it continues to be this bad, I'm wondering if I stop the Humira or just suffer through them...

imisspopcorn

Punctuation Impaired
Hi There,

I never had head aches while on Humira. I do get them from Asacol whenever my dose is increased. They were no where near migraine status. They remind me a caffeine headache...Does it feel like a migraine? Does it go away with the Tylenol. I also get sinus headaches, I take a allergy med with a decongestant like Claritin D. They always plague me when the seasons change....I hope you get some answers.

I will have them right afterwards and as IMP says theya re sorta like caffiene headaches.

It's also possible they could be caused by dehydration if you aren't drinking enough water.

I hope you figure it out!

forum contributor

Captain Obvious
Thanks Carrie & Katie :)

I had a problem w/caffeine (rebound) headaches and migraines for almost 2 years... I just don't want to get back to that! :ybatty:

No, they don't feel like migraines - just really bad headaches that linger all day. It was so bad on Friday that by the end of the day, I had taken 10 Tylenol. That can't be good. Right?

forum contributor

Captain Obvious
LOL you crack me up, you little peach! :)

I am on birth control, but am off this week. I've never had a problem with the pills before. I had an allergy test done and it said I don't have any allergies. I drink water like a fiend. I don't drink coffee, tea, energy drinks, or soda. I rarely eat chocolate.

As far as the methane gas... that is ALWAYS a probability with Bam! LOL

forum contributor

Captain Obvious
Hey, I have no shame :)

Yup, on "the rag" this week. I've never had headaches w/my period though.

This last time, I've had headaches for about a month, I think.

forum contributor

Captain Obvious
Ha.... then I think you'll like my new quote (sig) ;)

Josh has been telling me stuff like this for the last 13 years... LOL Half of me listens.... the half with the horns!