• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Humira and Hodgskin's Lymphoma

I took humira for around 5 years and developed hodgskin's lymphoma this past April. I wanted to know if anyone else has developed cancer from taking humira or any other biologic. If so how are you currently treating your crohn's? I refuse to take anymore biologics and am having a hard time finding a doctor that will offer me any other form of treatment for severe crohn;s.

D

Deleted member 431298

Hi, firstly I am really sorry you developed lymphoma. I hope you will be cured. I got a bad kidney infection after years and years of Remicade / Humira. Docs are leaning towards the biologics as the cause although it can't be ruled out that it is an extrainterstinal manifestation of CD. Either way I never going back on biologics. My doc has put me on Methotrexate 10mg/once a week which does help. I often feel flu-like sick and suffer from nausea for two days following the weekly dose. But its the least worst option I figure.
I hope you will feel better.
cheers

Thank you I will look into that... and same to you

Hi, firstly I am really sorry you developed lymphoma. I hope you will be cured. I got a bad kidney infection after years and years of Remicade / Humira. Docs are leaning towards the biologics as the cause although it can't be ruled out that it is an extrainterstinal manifestation of CD. Either way I never going back on biologics. My doc has put me on Methotrexate 10mg/once a week which does help. I often feel flu-like sick and suffer from nausea for two days following the weekly dose. But its the least worst option I figure.
I hope you will feel better.
cheers