• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Humira, Crohns, and Diverticulitis

Hey everyone! I was on Humira for 5 years and then went off of it (with doctor approval) because I thought it was causing severe chronic post nasal drip. Turns out the PND was caused by silent reflux and once I got that under control, my PND went away (for the most part). I've been managing my crohn's with diet and pentasa-like medication (which I hate and stopped using); however, I stared having problems last year and the results of my colonoscopy showed some very minor crohns but a huge flare of diverticulitis (which I didn't know I had). I started a regiment of antibiotics for the diverticulitis and it cleared up; however, it keeps coming back every few months (at least I think that is what it is and the doc thinks so too... c-diff negative) and it is extremely painful. My question is... the doc says I can go back on Humira, but I only want to do so if it help my diverticulitis too. I don't want more problems, so if the Humira makes the diverticulitis worse, I don't want to take it. Any thoughts?