• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Humira failing, feeling defeated :-(

humira failing, feeling defeated :-(

Hi fellow chronies,

havent been around these parts much lately, started humira in october and had been doing reasonably well on it until xmas, been gradually declining ever since....

New and exciting symptom...needing to vomit when I'm having a bowel motion. I dont have diarrhoea, motions are very 'bitty' in nature but it is quite painful in my lower abdo when it's all happening, a biit like period pain. I often get that horrible excessive salivation and come close to vomitting but can usually breathe thru it....until tonight when I power chucked all over the bathroom and myself....nice! It's front page news for me to vomit, I just never ever do, lucky I had a bin handy. Anyone else have/had this?

Generally feeling very crappy, have an inflamed eye, no energy, no appetite, losing weight and not having diarrhoea but still getting the urge to go with a lot of gas and blood stained mucous....safe to say I'm in a flare! So heartbreaking really thought the humira was the key....seeing my consultant tomorrow and expecting to be back on prednisone....feeling very defeated at the moment :confused2::confused2:

any words of advice very much appreciated:)

Hey, sorry to hear about your situation. Have you ever been on Remicade? I'm currently getting infusions every 8 weeks along with Entocort and Imuran daily. The Remicade has seemed to work well for me. Hope you feel better soon.

Hi fellow chronies,

havent been around these parts much lately, started humira in october and had been doing reasonably well on it until xmas, been gradually declining ever since....

New and exciting symptom...needing to vomit when I'm having a bowel motion. I dont have diarrhoea, motions are very 'bitty' in nature but it is quite painful in my lower abdo when it's all happening, a biit like period pain. I often get that horrible excessive salivation and come close to vomitting but can usually breathe thru it....until tonight when I power chucked all over the bathroom and myself....nice! It's front page news for me to vomit, I just never ever do, lucky I had a bin handy. Anyone else have/had this?

Generally feeling very crappy, have an inflamed eye, no energy, no appetite, losing weight and not having diarrhoea but still getting the urge to go with a lot of gas and blood stained mucous....safe to say I'm in a flare! So heartbreaking really thought the humira was the key....seeing my consultant tomorrow and expecting to be back on prednisone....feeling very defeated at the moment :confused2::confused2:

any words of advice very much appreciated:)
Don't have any advice but have been in your situatuion no D but vomiting during a BM and I know about the pain your talking about its horrendous i stopped vomiting but have been having theese pains until i started remicade even now i still get a dull ache down there but have only had 2 doses i think you should check your inflamitory marker first and take it from there

Terriernut

:stinks: Soretum! I notice that alot of our members that are on Humira or Remicade are also on Aza or 6MP at the same time.

No doubt the pred will get you back in order in a hurry, but I bet the GI will want to add another drug to the mix to keep you in remission. I certainly hope that you dont have to give up on the Humira.

I failed Cimzia, so they added Imuran. Failed that, so they put me on Remicade. It's too early to say for sure, but it seems to be helping. Sometimes it just takes trying a few different things/combos to find what works for us.

:stinks: Soretum! I notice that alot of our members that are on Humira or Remicade are also on Aza or 6MP at the same time.

No doubt the pred will get you back in order in a hurry, but I bet the GI will want to add another drug to the mix to keep you in remission. I certainly hope that you dont have to give up on the Humira.
Yes I'm on Azathioprine as well but been on it for 6 months now so am guessing it's not working as have never been in remission, was diagnosed last july....I'm on 200mg daily and really do think it's contributing to my general feeling of crappiness so I guess we'll discuss today whether to stay on it or not. I really hope we dont stop the humira as well, hoping I can try weekly shots for a while and see what happens....really dont want to go back on pred!

I get the feeling of needing to puke and poo at the same too! I don't understand it.
It's horrid sin't it! Usually I feel nauseated and my mouth salivates like crazy to the point where I have to spit it out but I can breathe my way thru it, last nights powerchuck was just awful hoping it doesn't happen again....do you ever vomit or just feel like you are going to?

I failed Cimzia, so they added Imuran. Failed that, so they put me on Remicade. It's too early to say for sure, but it seems to be helping. Sometimes it just takes trying a few different things/combos to find what works for us.
Is cimzia methotrexate? Yes I agree that sometimes it's a case of finding the right combo, just a pain that most meds take so long to work and therefore take so long to know whether they are going to work or not, so frustrating!

I usually am able to keep it down but sometimes I will have to go poo and then literally stand up without puking to puke in the toilet or sometimes I just puke in the bath tub. It's the most disgusting an uncomfortable thing in the world. I thought getting surgery would make it go away but it hasn't.