• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Humira / flu jab side effects

Hi,

Looking for anyone's experiences with starting humira and side effects, maybe brought on by flu jab.

I have been on Azathioprine for over a year post crohns surgery but that wasn't working so now on humira, started in September. I had the Flu jab in October. I also has Oral thrush medicine in October, may have been wrong diagnosis for that medicine.

my current symptoms are;

- strange taste, water tastes creamy
- Sore mouth, lips, tongue, numb and almost burnt mouth sensation, gums bleed on brushing
-Sore back of throat
-Bunged up but no phlegm, hearing and breathing impaired
- Fits of sneezing
- I am worse in the morning and late evening, better during the day

Maybe this is (a) humira side effect (b)immune system so poor that it's a constant cold (c) flu jab effects (d) oral thrush/medicine effect or (e) a mix of the above!?

I am working away from home this week so can only get to a doctor next week and before catching up with doctor I was keen to canvas online advice.

Thanks