• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Humira for all those 'other' symptoms.

Hey everyone.

So I'm at the end of my rope with all these other symptoms of Crohn's. Erythema nodosum, a swollen tongue, ankles that swell up to softball size and could heat the whole house (neck and knee and finger issues too).

On the bright side I've been taking probiotics (Bio-K) and lots of yougurt along with improving my diet and my intestinal symptoms have been really good.

So question being how do current Humira (or other biologic users) find these drugs as far as all these other symptoms? Will I be able to play tennis and talk without a lisp and whatnot?

Would it really be worth it if my intestinal symptoms aren't even that bad...?

Hi Trevor,

I've been on Humira weekly for over a year now and generally feel better than I have in a long while. Unfortunately, it's not helped a great deal with my anal fistula.

Wishing you well.

Mark

Been on Remicade nearly 2 years now and I haven't had any real side effects thus far. I do get very light rashes on my arms sometimes but I'm not sold on that being from Remicade. I think it totally depends on how each person reacts to it