• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Humira - Forgot to check for blood vessels!

Hi,

I started injecting Humira some time ago. Today I realized that I forgot to pull the plunger to check for blood vessels before injecitng.

What is the chance that I did hit a vessel? If I did, what could happen?

Thanks

I don't know, but with the Humira Pen, there is no checking. Just press the button and it goes in. One time I had blood so I guess i hit a vessel.

My point is, if they sell the pen version, I imagine it's not a big deal.

I use the pen and have hit a blood vessel. If you did you would know it. It hurts, it bleeds, it scares the crap out of you. But harmless ( I called the humira line it was my first at home injection!)

I was on Humira (pen), so you can't check with that. I'm on Cimzia and I was told to pull the plunger back to check and to not do the injection if I did. I asked what difference it made since it was never mentioned with the Humira pens and I was told it's not big deal. I guess they're just covering all the legal bases. Hitting a blood vessel just hurts more and bleeds more. No major damage.