• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Humira is not working for me

Hi,

I am new to this forum. I was diagnosed with Crohn's in Aug 2014. I am on

Entocort (3capsules (3mg each) everyday) and also on
Humira (I had 4 intial shots and then 2 shots after 15 days then 1 shot every other week).

Its almost 3 months using Humira. I am trying to reduce the dose of Entocort from 3 to 2 pills as per Doctor's suggestion, but as soon as I reduce, I am getting the sympotoms back (Feeling of urgency to goto toilet and fatigue).

So I guess humira is not yet started working. I am not sure what will be the next step. Can I continue using Entocort for longer time? How long it will take Humira to work?

Suggestions please

theOcean

You could continue on entocort, or even prednisone if you wanted. If you taper and start getting symptoms, it's absolutely a sign to go back up on your dosage.

I'm sorry to hear that Humira isn't working for you yet... it's possible it still can, but you should let your GI know what's going on. They can maybe get you tested for antibodies, or switch you to another biologic.

Hello! May I ask how much/often are you taking Humira? I used to be on 1 injection every 2 weeks and it wasn't working so well so my dose was upped to every week.
X

Hi! In addition to what's been said - has your GI mentioned adding another med along with the Humira, like 6MP (Mercaptopurine)? I've never been on Humira, but my GI said lots of folks are on a "combo therapy" of Humira & an immuniosuppressant.