• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Humira- Neurological side effects - please help with my anxiety

Looking for someone to tell me some promising news as I am very nervous. For those that experienced neurological side effects (numbness and tingling)how long did it take for them to go away? I have read it could take from 4-6 months for the Humira to be out of your body. It has been about 3 months since my last injection and I’m still feeling it, although it has gotten better to some extent. I did get an MRI but my neurologist basically says it’s an unknown and we have to wait and see what happens.

Positive thoughts are appreciated. I think I read too much scary stuff. Thanks.

cmack

Staff member
You have my support. I think odds are that if you've seen improvement that's actually really good news. Try not to worry. I had quite a few nerves severed from surgeries that took a long time to heal, but most improved substantially over time and some are almost like new again. I know it's not really the same situation, but it was quite scary for me to lose feeling somewhere or to experience nerve pain and not know if it would get better. I feel like I can relate to how you feel. Hopefully things will become much more normal for you soon. Hang in there.

Lynda Lynda

Regularlyirregular : (Love your name, by the way.) 🙂

I have anxiety and I read too much scary stuff too. 😳

You are not alone, you have all the great folks here to talk to. ☎

Ron and Chris are great. 😊

Sending you my support. ❤

Sorry for all the emojis, I just got a new phone.
Gotta have some fun somewhere. 🐸