• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Humira out, Remicade in.

Hey all!

So my time with Humira bi-weekly (started 10/2014) has come to a cease. It worked in the beginning and over time, I noticed symptoms coming back before my next injection. Nowadays it seems like it will last 4 days at most before I'm feeling it again. Doc calls it an aggressive case and wants to switch me over to Remicade. At this point I'm unsure of frequency and am a little nervous for my first dose. Any testimonies would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Brad

my little penguin

Staff member
Ds has been on both
Remicade is by far much easier than humira
The dose can be changed a lot as well as frequency
Humira you just have one dose and either every week or every two weeks so not a lot of options

Remicade typically is 5mg/kg every 8 weeks

Ds never got to that
He had 7.5mg/kg every 6 weeks
Some do 10 mg/kg every 4 weeks
As well

Good luck

Ds has been on both
Remicade is by far much easier than humira
The dose can be changed a lot as well as frequency
Humira you just have one dose and either every week or every two weeks so not a lot of options

Remicade typically is 5mg/kg every 8 weeks

Ds never got to that
He had 7.5mg/kg every 6 weeks
Some do 10 mg/kg every 4 weeks
As well

Good luck
Thank you! Are the side effects generally the same as humira?

my little penguin

Staff member
Pretty much
Ds had more skin issues with remicade than humira
But he also had lots of skin issues since he was a baby so not necessarily a drug per say