• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Humira Stopped Working Recently

Hello Everyone-

I'm brand new to the Forum and I have some questions for you.
I started on Humira in May 2013 and Rx to use it every 2 weeks. I'm still using it every 2 weeks, but 3 weeks ago I came down with a really bad left ear infections and draining of the ear and antibiotics prescribed. I had to wait 3 weeks before I could start Humira again and since the delay my psoriasis and crohn's has flared up and I was wondering if the Humira will start to work again..once I get back on my every 2 weeks?? Also those on Humira do you have trouble with your ears? Lately my ears have really bothered me and at the beginning it wasn't there??

David

Co-Founder
Hi Matt and welcome to the community. I'm sorry to hear your crohn's and psoriasis has flared recently :(

Out of curiosity, who told you to stop taking the Humira, general practitioner or your gastroenterologist? Have you spoken with your GI about your recent flare as they may adjust your medication a bit.

As for the ear question, I suggest asking that in our dedicated Humira forum you can find here.

All my best to you!

My GI doctor told me to withhold the Humira until the antibiotics were completed. They wanted to make sure the infection was out of my system before restarting. I'm waiting on a response from GI to increase doses