• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Humira success! - First Baby

Hello IBD family!

It's been a while since I've lurked or posted here but that's because life has been good after starting Humira back in January 2020 to treat my UC. Since then, I have been able to enjoy life once again and been in remission since Fall 2020.

I also wanted to share that I was even able to conceive without any issues and just had my first baby in August!! I had a very uneventful pregnancy up until delivery (ended with pre-eclampsia & covid at 31 weeks..completely unrelated to UC or Humira) but my baby girl is healthy. She did spend 6 weeks in the NICU due to being born a preemie but she had no other health issues. I'm even breastfeeding her!!

I just wanted to check in with you all in case my story can provide some hope for those currently experiencing what I went through 3 year ago while getting a diagnosis and trying to find the right treatment. All I can say is hang in there..there is hope. And to those who gave me encouraging words in my early days of treatment, thank you! 😊

Here a picture of my little bean at 10 weeks.

Attachments