• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Humira when sick with a cold?

I am being really paranoid, I know, but I have a terrible cold/sinus infection and I am scheduled to inject tonight. I am sure it's fine to do while sick, but I just need someone to reassure me that it is in fack ok. Is it ok or should I check with my doctor? As always, thanks!

Beth

Are you running a temperature? I've injected when I had a minor virus without trouble. If in doubt I check my temp and perhaps delay by a day to see if it's on the way down/etc. If it's high then you should contact you GI/nurse for advice.

I fully indorse the advice offered by Beth.

I had convinced my self that I was getting colds all the time, but stuffy nose, headache and sinus pains are listed as common side effects when on Humira.

Hope you are feeling better soon.

Mark

Lisa

Adminstrator
Staff member
I got my remiocade swhile battling 'something' that left me with no voice (bs-d my way to getting it!).....

If I was running a temp over 100 I wouldn't - but if it just a nasty cold I'd still do it.

Thank you all. No fever so I went ahead and did it.

Interesting on the side effects - maybe I don't have a cold after all.?.?