• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Humira

I would guess it wouldn't be a good idea. I would talk to your doctor and tell him your concerns. If you just go off it and don't have something equally as effective you could throw yourself into a flare.

Scipio

Has it stopped working? I would be very reluctant to stop a medication that is working well.

It's often very difficult for many Crohn's patients to find a therapy that works well, especially one that works well for a for a period as long as 7 years. So if Humira is still working for you I would say be grateful for your good fortune and stay the course. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

If on the other hand if it has stopped working, that's a different question entirely. In that case your GI is best qualified to guide you in stopping the Humira and finding a suitable replacement to put you back into remission.

Lynda Lynda

Lots of Humira questions on here recently.
Yeah, I would never stop taking ANY of my medications "cold turkey." Why end up in the hospital ?
Hope you feel better. 🌻

My Doctor told me last year that I was in remission and that if my next colonoscopy was good that he would take me off Humira completely . This was his idea. I just don't want to have another colonoscopy . I feel 100% and have for years..They are not that good on my body=(. I'm just wondering if you have to taper off Humira like prednisone ...... BTY Humira runs 60K+ a year. I only pay 9K and insurance picks up the rest, but why take something that you don't need?